The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Region North America Now Available

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Region North America Now Available

Post by Greg »

We're excited to bring the last of the six Matrix regions to Prepar3d v4 and it is a huge one.

Go to the briefing.

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Region North America Now Available

Post by jimrodger »

FAIB_737W numbering in aircraft.cfg is erroring, order is 0-1-0-1.....

Just needs renumbering. AI-Aircraft Editor will sort it out for you.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
DMdoc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by DMdoc »

It's unclear from the Matrix's description if the latest update is only for North America, or the entire world? If for the entire world, can I somehow restrict the processing so it only provides North American (or better still, USA) info?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

If you load the Matrix updates does it say are available or does it just say update available?
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Matrix itself doesn't contain any traffic. It's a tool to install traffic. Version 1.3.0 enables the "Install" button for North America in Matrix. You choose which regions are being installed.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for the new pack. Couple of questions.

1. What traffic file are the U2's in?? I looked over the traffic files 3 times and I can't find it/them.
2. Does the USAF have any C-5A's left? Or are they all M models now? I like to have my traffic as up to date as possible.
3. How up to date are the Nellis F-15 plans? I ask because a few months ago I was going to update them myself, but the registration numbers on the JYAI paints did not match what was in the MAIW Nellis plans.
jlunddk
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jlunddk »

WOW, lots of military ai all over the world now. However there's some bugs here and there ie flickkering scenery with trees out in the water at Patuxent River (KNHK), missing T-38's at Holloman, missing SU-27 textures in the Europe pack. I'm sure it will be fixed so I have more than enough to enjoy now. Just thought I would let you know,
I opened the Holloman T-38 .bgl in AIFP, and they are indeed red as in missing, and there's no T-38 in the aircraft list.

Regards Jlund
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Hi Jlund,

This has been repeated several times, but the missing aircraft are not "missing", there just isn't a P3Dv4 compatible model yet. The flightplans are there waiting for the day when compatible models become available. The readme for each region lists the units that are included with compatible models. If the unit is not mentioned in the readme, then it's not "missing". We hope to have all models converted or replaced one day but it's a very slow process.

The waterclass issue is mentioned in the readme for North America. It's a result of the FS9 scenery being completely out of place and/or proportion and again takes a lot of time and effort to correct so please bear with us. The flickering scenery is the result of how John Stinstrom textured his models and so far we haven't been able to fix it.
jlunddk
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jlunddk »

Thank you for clearing that up. The reason I noticed the T-38 and SU-27 is "missing", is only because they're my two favorite aircrafts, so I was excited to see them flying around, and I would make my own Fp's for them. But let's hope that someone will convert them for P3Dv4, soon.
Yes, scenery can be a difficult thing, but that's OK, I can live with it how it is :-)

Jlund
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

Greg wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 16:22The flickering scenery is the result of how John Stinstrom textured his models and so far we haven't been able to fix it.
If we talk about using a separate poly for a door, a sign, placed a tad offset the main wall, I found using a separation of at least 25cm solved the problem on my own gmax models. When parking is close up to the building, I simply use a box instead of a plane, and shove it brutally into the main wall.
Andrew
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Foxbat wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 17:55
Greg wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 16:22The flickering scenery is the result of how John Stinstrom textured his models and so far we haven't been able to fix it.
If we talk about using a separate poly for a door, a sign, placed a tad offset the main wall, I found using a separation of at least 25cm solved the problem on my own gmax models. When parking is close up to the building, I simply use a box instead of a plane, and shove it brutally into the main wall.
If you have the source, then yes you can just offset the decal a bit in FSDS or Gmax but I've yet to find out if and how I can do that with MCX.

According to Arno, with z-bias bugged since FSX, MCX offsets textures with a higher z-bias automatically upon export but that doesn't seem to work with any z-bias value I tried.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Whoa, nice!

Now to exfiltrate all the stuff I've installed and converted manually, and try to figure out what to do with my various placeholders (I've used John Young's Eagle & Warthog models in place of the models by Nick Black & Rysiek Winawer which to my knowledge haven't been converted).