The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Davis Montham AFB package in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
DPavan96
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Davis Montham AFB package in FSX

Post by DPavan96 »

I use FSX. I have been following the FS9-FSX manual. I've tried reinstalling this about a dozen times. No matter what I do I cannot get this base to work! The buildings don't show up, with the acception of the fire station near the middle. The base's config. seems to have changed to allow spaces for buildings and hangers, but there are none. Just a few things show up, like light posts, some helicopters, and a fuel truck. The AI traffic works fine. Another strange problem, there are some cars parked on the very end of the base. When I pan my camera one way, the cars are there, but as soon as I move the camera to a different angle, the cars are gone! Any ideas on how to fix this? I have no other MAIW packages installed, and the surrounding area is just the default FSX scenery

Hi and welcome to the forums! Your post has been moved to the FSX section. - Mod
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Re: Davis Montham AFB package in FSX

Post by btaylo24 »

I did the a10 package with stew.. I am sure we just did simple afcad. With no extras.
So these trucks and cars ain't Maiw ... You got something else going on there me thinks
Barry
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

btaylo24 wrote:I did the a10 package with stew.. I am sure we just did simple afcad. With no extras.
So these trucks and cars ain't Maiw ... You got something else going on there me thinks
I can confirm that it was indeed a simple afcad. It's all I do, you know, simple stuff - it suits my personality, you know - simple! :mrgreen:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

:D
Barry
DPavan96
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by DPavan96 »

Sorry not to familiar with computers. AFCAD? Is this an overlap in scenery? So how would I go about fixing this? Deleting all KDMA sceneries or what?