The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Chinooks

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
cottersfish
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

RAF Chinooks

Post by cottersfish »

Hello I have a probelm whereby my camp bastion is floating about 220ft above the ground if I start my flight there. Otherwise if I come into the area its fine. On the MAIW discussions forum they thought it could be to seperate afcads. My questions are has anyone got/had this problem? And is there a default camp bastion file and if so where is it?

Thanks for your help and there is a post under the same title in the general discussions area which may help you more.
Venture Adventure
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: RAF Chinooks

Post by Victory103 »

The elevation issue is a known problem with FS9 vs FSX AFD files, but to have it be fine on minute and not the next is off. I have the pack but tend not to spend much time in a place I spend way too much time in real world.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
cottersfish
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by cottersfish »

Yeah I dont know what the issue is. I went and had a look at it by starting there in a chinook because I hadn't really looked until then and it was floating. So I posted on here and flew a flight from kandahar to bastion in a harrier and it was fine. Which made me feel like a right idiot until I started a flight there again and found the same problem. With my knowledge of computers being about 0 could it be that on the KAF flight the fsx afcad loaded first and when I start as bastion the fs9 afcad loaded first. I'm saying this but I dont really no what an afcad is or what magic flightsimulator does to this stuff.

Thanks
Venture Adventure
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

The problem you have is caused by a difference in altitude between the terrain and afcad. The AI engine uses one for the outward flight and the other for the inward. You must have all the altitudes the same to avoid this anomoly.
Which way is up?
cottersfish
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by cottersfish »

OK thanks for that. How do I edit these altitudes.
Venture Adventure
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

The simplest way is to check the terrain altitude on an inward flight, and adjust the afcad to the same. If you do not understand how to use ADE or similar then now is the time to learn. :wink:
Which way is up?