The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NAS Whiting North Version 2 FSX support required

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

NAS Whiting North Version 2 FSX support required

Post by Ripcord »

Installed this scenery for NAS Oceana and now my traffic is gone -- except for a few T-6 Texan II in orange/white.

Can't quite figure this out -- looking at the AFX file, it seems to be pretty much the same AFCAD as was provided in the Navy Airliners part 4 package -- which was working just fine. Maybe the parking codes have changed, I don't know. Still that should not make all those other aircraft go away.

I am using FSX, but geez, I really haven't changed anything -- it was just working fine.
Last edited by campbeme on 25 Feb 2013, 22:48, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Post Moved to correct forum by moderator.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Re: NAS Whiting North Version 2 FSX support required

Post by Victory103 »

Looking into it on my system, checked out Whiting and started moving some parking spots around on the FSX version of some great scenery. I forgot about the Texans up at NTU, I'll check them out as I look over Aaron's updated Oceana Hornets.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

I removed MAIW Whiting scenery and just kept the AI traffic. Too much to deal with in terms of issues with KNDZ. Decided I was better off with Dhaenens version of KNSE / KNDZ, which I think is just better anyway. And the parking didn't even need to be adjusted for the T-6 Texans. Win win.

Also I did solve the mystery of the missing Oceana traffic and it had nothing at all to do with the KNTU AFCAD. I still had some old T-34 MAIW Whiting traffic in the scenery/world/scenery folder. Took that out, restarted FSX and shazam -- order was restored to the virtual AI world. Weird.

EDIT: Chris, there is still a bit of tweaking required to get that Oceana Hornet AI package working. If you like I'll package that up and send it along. Even once we got all the models rounded up, there was still some things in the aircraft.cfg file (if memory serves) that needed just a small bit of editing. It really needs to be posted somewhere as a full-on package, together with this same KNTU scenery from JS (which is great).
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Glad it's sorted and I too am using the same JD scenery, but I do not have a full parking coded apron, my West ramp is empty and I had to add the other 2 rows on the North ramp. I've got so many NTU sceneries and versions of them I need to see which designer I am using, pretty sure the JS. That would be great if you can post it here.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
ajenkins2480
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by ajenkins2480 »

I am having trouble with the T-6 at whiting as well. I get a row of them but the package should have the entire field filled up. Checking the BLG in AI Traffic compiler and it says they dont have enough parking spots. . . We all know and its listed that the add on Whiting has over 200 spots, yet only 9 are utilized. Any ideas? I'm losing my mind.