The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

china lake and gripen package

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
mausepapa
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

china lake and gripen package

Post by mausepapa »

hello all, i have a problem with the two sceneries. all the other packages works well in fsx! but these two have problems.they "sunks" into the ground...the runways and objects are not at the right place or better say, the elevation are not correct at escm in sweden.i have no other scenery for escm, only for sweden i have arlanda from aerosoft.

the other scenery is china lake. over there, i have trees on the runways and the scenery is above the ground! looks lake a mountain in the desert ;) what is that? the traffic at both scenery works, but the gripens in escm will not show.only the afterburner is there. in china lake all planes looks well.

sorry for my bad english!! i hope, you can help me.

thanks
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: china lake and gripen package

Post by Victory103 »

You will find that there is a slight difference between FS9, which the packages are made for, and FSX elevations. One way to fix that is to use ADE. For China Lake, you will also have to use ADE to create an exclusion zone around the airport to remove the bushes.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
mausepapa
Cadet
Cadet

Post by mausepapa »

thank you, i will test it out :) but before, i must learning about ADE! but why is this problem only at this two sceneries? the other ones packages looks so well. or is there a guide about ADE?

regards heinz
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Not sure why either, funny that some packages install just fine into FSX, while others require adjustments. As far as ADE, yes there are manuals and tutorials to follow, I myself am still learning the more advanced features. Right now I can adjust my airports to match real world and put a few scenery objects in. I know the Approach mode pretty well now, I like to keep my approaches current.

We do have a separate thread here that has various FSX mods for the FS9 based MAIW packages, like corrected airfields and such. Not all of them have been upgraded, but I'm sure more will be.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
mausepapa
Cadet
Cadet

Post by mausepapa »

i have made an exklusionzone arround and recompile the file. but, the bushes always present. what went wrong?
i open the afcadfile with ADE.
then i import the objects.bgl
then i klick on the yellow button in the upper middle of ADE.
then i make a square with the cross.
then ADE ask for excludes, i try all.
then the excludearea is pink.
then i compile the afcad file.

but the problem is not solved.. :(
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hello,

Well a exclusion rectangle will not remove autogen bushes and trees in FSX. You need to make an airport poly to remove autogen, this you can also do with ADE.
Mark
mausepapa
Cadet
Cadet

Post by mausepapa »

hello mark,

but how can i do that?
can you give me a step by step guide please?
is this the polygonbutton? i draw a triangle around the airport and then compile the bglfile? or must i import the objectbgl first and then draw the polygon with the button?... :?: :?: please help me to make this to wonderfull sceneries to work.

greetings heinz
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Heinz,

You need to load the airport in ADE, like you have done. Zomm into a level that allows you to see all of the airport, but as close as possible. Then you click on the button with the green shape that says 'Add Polygon' in its tooltip. Now start left-clicking around the airport area. You will see that between each click a line is drawn. When you reach the last position you make a double-click. This closes the polygon and a new window opens. There you select 'Airport Background' in the upper listbox (type) and 'Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutoGen' in the lower listbox (tag).

Compile and you are done.
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by mausepapa »

hello martin,

you are my hero ;) i try it out NOW!
i give you message in a few minutes...i hope i am not to stupid to do this with the triangel.

soon heinz :lol:
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

You will easily make it. And welcome here at MAIW :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by mausepapa »

hello martin,

the bushes allways there... :( your guide is good, but where is my mistake?
i have take the original afcadfile from chinalake then edit it without import the objectplacementbgl.
now after compile there are two files, one with _cvx, i think this is normal...must the _cvx in the same folder as the afcadfile..here at maiw airports. it shows like trees from the original package, but i removed the *tree* bgl from the maiw sceneryfolder!...hmmmm??? you understand?

if not, can i talk to you at german over PN? i think, its just a little mistake there.

greetings heinz
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Sure, let's take it offline, Heinz. Let me check into the airport file and come back to you.
Cheers,
Martin