The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

tucanos and vigilants

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
adamp89
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

tucanos and vigilants

Post by adamp89 »

i've installed the RAF tucanos package into fsx, that works fine, but my problem is this, I've lost my AI for certain areas, for example, i have no AI tutors, (or ACG kingairs) for cranwell and Barkston, but i do have tornadoes at lossiemouth. it seems i've lost some of my non-MAIW AI aircraft in certain areas by installing this, its strange, as some of my non-MAIW AI works else where. i flew out of Waddington AB (EGXW) today with full AI settings, so i should have had E-3's, Nimrod R1's and Sentinels as well as visitors and tutors from Cranwell and Barkston Heath, but all i had was a hand full of vigilants and a selection of tucano's. i flew up to lossiemouth AB and had LOTS of tornaadoes, no Nimrod MR2's (non-maiw) out of nearby Kinloss, but i did have a cobham aviation Falcon 50 as well as a dusting of other default AI.

i have scanned for duplicate afcads, with nothing showing, other than different MAIW bgl's, converted all traffic files to FSX, and haven't deleted any aircraft files from simobjects, so what has gone wrong

please help,
Adam
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: tucanos and vigilants

Post by Victory103 »

Adam,
How many traffic.bgl's have you converted over so far? You may have to look at each individually to check for errors. I had an issue right after my FSX conversion where a corrupted traffic file got into the mix, it was converted to _FSX.bgl properly but took me looking at each file in AIFP2 to figure it out.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
adamp89
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by adamp89 »

i always convert the traffic files as i install the packages, so they're all converted to FSX. it did say something strange about one of them saying something about it already being converted. could be worth re installing the package into a separate folder and properly converting that file.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Sometimes traffic files are included in scenery. Unless you realise this and spot it you can accidentally copy over FS9 traffic files. An example of this is our original Coningsby package. It has Jaguar traffic files in its scenery folder.

It might be worth checking recently added scenery to see if you have any traffic files in there.
Steve
adamp89
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by adamp89 »

good idea, normally i just check the scenery/world/scenery folder fs9 traffic i've only installed 1-2 packages recently so it could be in there. it's strange how AI works in certain areas though, including default planes.

just scanned for fs9 files in the addon scenery folder, and there were loads of MAIW traffic files in there.
adamp89
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by adamp89 »

that's not worked.... all it did was add more tucanos

EDIT: I've deleted the questionable file from the tucano traffic file conversion, that did nothing, so i'm scanning the whole FSX folder for FS9 traffic files, that solved the problem nicely, I'm back to a sky full of harriers, tutors and kingairs
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Nice one. Part of the problem is that most people think that traffic files can only be in the folder where the original default traffic file is located. Whereas in fact they can be in any folder that is activated in the scenery.cfg .
Steve
adamp89
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by adamp89 »

yes, if in doubt, either manual install or scan the whole fsx folder.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Have you thought about sharing your converted files with other users of FSX??? I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful for your efforts.
Best regards,
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Has anyone converted the Props for the MGAI Tucano?

Cheers
p3d/fsx converted traffic file attached
Attachments
Traffic_MAIW_RAF Linton-On-Ouse.bgl
(33.51 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Barry