The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

"Ghost" planes on LIRS (Grosseto )

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Kulbit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

"Ghost" planes on LIRS (Grosseto )

Post by Kulbit »

Hi mates, i have a very strange issue with any MAIW AI planes on LIRS (Grosseto italian air base).
First of all I state that I converted and installed all MAIW packages, and they all work perfectly, except on the airport of grosseto.
On this airport, if I open super traffic board, all aircraft are reported correctly sheduled, both on land and in the air, but the same can not be seen as well "as they are there" ...
The aircraft are actually present and if i recall and visualize the position I can see the shadow on the ground but not the aircraft!
Intrigued by this phenomenon, I began to follow an aircraft in flight approaching the airport, up to two miles from the base, the aircraft is perfectly visible, beyond this distance the same "disappear" but I can still see and follow perfectly the three position lights .. ..
Following it until landing I noticed that at the point wherethe plane touches the runway, and all along the path of taxiing to the parking spot, the textures of the runway and taxyways disappear only to reappear as soon as the aircraft has proceed away.
Once arrived at the parking the aircraft is still invisible but I can see the shadow on the ground ...!
This phenomenon happens to me with MAIW aircraft only (and not with the Ultimate traffic ones for example) and solely on the airport of Grosseto (LIRS), present in the package italian Eurofighters, ...

Can anyone help me understand the cause and remedy? I do not know what else to do besides making exorcise FSX ... :twisted: !!!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: "Ghost" planes on LIRS (Grosseto )

Post by Firebird »

If I am wrong here then somebody will correct me, but I believe that you have to disable the option to allow ground shadows.

I don't have FSX but I seem to remember this being an issue in the early days of it.
Steve
Kulbit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Post by Kulbit »

Hi Firebird,
you hit the question and gave me the right input!
I 've followed your tip and the issue gone away!!

Many thanks for your attention at my trouble!
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

Awesome work Steve.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin