The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Holloman AFB, NM

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Holloman AFB, NM

Post by Victory103 »

For the German Tonka detachment and for now F-22's, I pulled up the original AF2 file for a rework in FSX. Buildings and parking are slightly off in my system. Pull the AFD up in ADEX and had to change the ILS 16 along with rwy 03/21 now 04/22 with it's ILS. I'm a few compile issues at the moment and does anyone know how to get the original scenery to display from the Holloman.bgl? Cannot load the .bgl in ModeConverterX to few the scenery objects to then add to ADEX.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Holloman AFB, NM

Post by Firebird »

Maybe the holloman.bgl doesn't actually contain the mdls, maybe it just contains the positioning data. If this is the case then ModelConverterX will not load any objects.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Chris,

Are we talking about the package with the short name " MAIW German Armed Forces( Luftwaffe) GAFFTC (German Air Force Flight Training Center -Holloman AFB) Tornado IDS Package" --> WOAMIL23.zip?

This has only an afcad and some excludes, no scenery. Moreover - there is no Holloman.bgl coming with any MAIW package as of today. So whatever that file is - the buildings you see might be generic FSX buildings because of the excludes not working.

"..\MAIW\woamil21\German Air Force Holloman Tornado Unit\addon scenery\scenery\KHMN_exclude.BGL"
"..\MAIW\woamil21\German Air Force Holloman Tornado Unit\addon scenery\scenery\KHMN_exclude2.BGL"
"..\MAIW\woamil21\German Air Force Holloman Tornado Unit\addon scenery\scenery\MAIW_AF2_KHMN_DEFAULT_DK.bgl"
"..\MAIW\woamil21\German Air Force Holloman Tornado Unit\addon scenery\scenery\MAIW_KHMN_exclude3.BGL"
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I need to check, the AFD is from that package you listed (MAIW_AF2_KHMN_Default_DK.bgl), but the buidlings must be from someone else as they are not stock, they are brown custom made for Holloman, maybe from some F-117 package or something. I just need to reposition them slightly to match up with the ramp and parking spots.

The AFD is just about right with position and elevation within FSX. I am trying to rebuild the approaches, something I am still learning to do, mainly for myself as I understand the AI will only fly the basics (ILS/VOR, RNAV). The AF2 had the ILS for 34 (which is not accruate), at point I was going to rebuild the stock FSX version using the AF2 as a reference.

Finally put Mark's HO F-22's in and looking to add some MGAI MQ-9 Preds.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

I think John Stinstrom did that Holloman Scenery you have with the hangars and mdls back in the day. It has the wooden barns over the parking spots. I had that one too, as a matter of fact http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... fid=111512 that is it. Still on Flightsim.com. Its decent it just puts wood hangars over the parking. We were all using it when the Woai talons and F-117 package came out way back when. It has the files you are talking about in it.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict