The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Hatzerim Air Base

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Hatzerim Air Base

Post by djnocturnal »

Is anyone else having any issues with converting this to FSX or is it just me? I installed the same way I have installed all other MAIW packages but for whatever reason I am not getting aircraft unless they are in the air. I have removed any duplicate afcads and I never installed the Ben Gurion package. Flightplans were converted to FSX format and all aircraft are installed. Traffic slider is at 70%

Any suggestions?
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Re: Hatzerim Air Base

Post by dk1213 »

Yea Mark same problem nothing shows up for me there either, not one plane. I assume that we have the same problem, but if it was a problem with the package I would think it would be all over the boards but its not. I wonder if I made a mistake, I have an airport directly beside Hatzerim and when I was coming off the runway on take off I checked and there are two Hatzerims listed in the nearest airports, one spelled right with the right ICAO and then another with ICAO LL62 spelled with an s instead of a z. I am going to reread the installation instructions and go over and see if I do have more stuff for israel downloaded. I have Ray Parker's Israeli F-15's but I don't think there is an afcad included. Its probably an FSX problem, and I bet because its got something to do with the sea level difference between FSX and FS9. Just a guess. Or maybe the FS gods aren't favoring us today.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Without having FSX this is a pure guess. It's not that the ICAO for Hatzerim is different in FSX is it?
If so then the flightplans being converted will probably have changed the ICAO in the flightplans but the afcad will still be the FS9 ICAO. Hence no traffic on the afcad and no parking spots on the default FSX field.

Might be worth a check.
Steve
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

The ICAO for Hatzerim is totally different in FSX, I think it's LL62. AIFP will tell you exactly what it is. Simply renaming the afcad will sort it :D
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think you might have to change it in the afcad properties as well, to work fully.
Steve
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Firebird wrote:I think you might have to change it in the afcad properties as well, to work fully.
Indeed, that's what I was referring too :D
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

I'm just trimming my bushes then I will post a work around for the FSX members. :D
Mark
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Okay my set up is P3D, but that should be the same as FSX. I have attached two new AFD and a new airport background which streches over the three base extensions. I have also made the parking sizes FSX compatible.

You will need to delete the below two AFD first.

LL0C and LL0D.

In my set up I also removed the below files.
0_MAIW_LL0C_VTPX
0_MAIW_LL0D_VTPX
MAIW_LL0C_VTPP
MAIW_LL0D_VTPP

Enjoy
Attachments
LL62_ADEP_MC_CVX.zip
(18.31 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Mark
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks Mark :D
Dan

dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

Hey tested those afcads, and they work, but I don't seem to have the objects like the hangars you show in your screen shot. I deleted the afcads you said to delete and I think the covered hangars and all that went with them. Unless I did something wrong. Its a cool package. I need those texans you have in that shot, I don't believe I have those in my sim. Did you guys know that they have a single Mig-29 in their Air Force? I saw this translated and it said they have had it in one of their squadrons since 1997, I guess they use it to test the block 60 F-16 radar, and use it in aggressor packages for mock dogfighting. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdBPdi4GVKY

Anyway if someone can post a link to where I can get some traffic for Mike Pearson's F-4's, Mirages, Neshers, and the Kfir that would be cool. Let me know guys. Thanks!
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Thanks Mark! Worked great! Now i'm having the same issue with Kleine. Scenery doesn't show up at all :roll:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Mark,
Well that can't be the same error. Some other installtion issue is catching you out if you can't see the scenery. I would ask if you activated it correctly but I am sure you have already checked that.
Steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

To be honest there are about 2 gazillion trees at KB, so I'm not even going to try it on FSX.
Mark
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Yes, it is activated correctly. I did notice there is 2 Belgian scenery folders. One I think is airbases and the other is scenery but both are active and no duplicate afcads. Going to troubleshoot a bit more when I get home.
dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

Mark, Klein Brogel works I got to work fine on mine, with all the objects (i think) but I lost objects at Hatzerim which sucks after using the workaround afcads for FSX supplied in the above post. The other Belgian scenery entry is the one for the MAIW Belgian Air Force 15th Transport Wing and the MAIW Belgian Alpha Jets, remember? This KB scenery is its own entry. What helped me a ton when I was having all sorts of issues converting was to delete all the VTP files. Then my whole sim ran smoother and looks alot better with no weird anomalies. I have windows 7, so I just went into my Addon Scenery folder, searched for VTP, and cut everything out and put it in a folder sitting on my desktop in case I made a mistake and need any of them, but so far my sim looks awesome. Hey where can I get the 31 tigers belgian paint you have on your site, its not available for download under other AI. Let me know if I can get that that is one cool paint. Hope that helps. Oh and check to make sure you don't have any of Chris Brown and Menno's afcads from their Belgian F-16 packages, I had a couple in there, I assume prior to this package, you may have downloaded a couple of their flightplans and have some duplicate afcads or a traffic file in one of your scenery files which had caused me to lose scenery and goofed up my ai too. Good luck.

Campbeme - As far as the trees are concerned, mine look awesome at KB but I never put any tree files from MAIW packages into my sim - I just leave those out and it works in every case so far, and looks good.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Ok, got KB to work. Was a stupid mistake on my end.
dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

Let me know if you figure out the buildings at Hatzerim or if you lost them Mark.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

dk1213 wrote:Let me know if you figure out the buildings at Hatzerim or if you lost them Mark.
Well you can see from the first post that the scenery does work with my AFD. So I would suggest doing a re install then adding the replacement AFD's again. It sounds to me like you have deleted the ADE9 AFD and the ADE9 OBJ file, I only said remove the AFD.

Try that Dan.
Mark
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Hey guys, sorry to dig up an old thread but there are some important points in here, and should I have started a new thread, I know I would have only been redirected back to this one.

OK so regarding AI traffic coming to/from Hatzerim AB in FSX:

Are we going to use LL62 or LL0D, for FSX? I know LL62 is the proper code in FSX, but all the traffic files are written for LL0D?

Maybe we should edit all the traffic files as well? That might be a handful of them now that we have a full 6 packages for IDF (and counting?).
Last edited by Ripcord on 03 Jan 2014, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

We'll OK. That seems to be the simplest solution.

Here are for new FSX AI traffic files for the IDF Part 2 Hatzerim package:

Just remove these same 4 files (with LL0D and LL0C in the names) from your scenery/world/scenery folder and replace with these 4 new files. I am using the LL62 file that Mark provided here earlier in this thread, and the AI traffic is showing up.

There are other AI traffic files from other packages that will need to be edited, but not all of them. I'll try to get to those over the weekend.

Cheers.
Attachments
EDITED TRAFFIC FILES Hatzerim.zip
(29.47 KiB) Downloaded 27 times