The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

installing packages after nellis

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Rtp09
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

installing packages after nellis

Post by Rtp09 »

I'am new to MAIW and recently installed a bunch of packages for FSX by following the FSX installation guide on The Owl's Nest. Obviously the guide only runs up to and including nellis and the packages that I installed that came before nellis (including nellis and the 65th update) seem to be good while the ones after seem to be missing scenery and parking spots. I'am convinced this is because I haven't moved all of the scenery files (landclass, airport, exclude, library) properly. If somebody could give me some detailed advice on what files need to be moved for the later packages or any other thing that could possibly be wrong it would be much appreciated. The list that follows are the ones I installed.

eglin afb
luke afb
Langley v2
mcas beaufort
nellis
------
nas Lemoore v2
nas pax river
Whidbey island growlers
nas pensecola
mcas Miramar
vfa 106 gladiators
naws china lake
nellis 65th update
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: installing packages after nellis

Post by Victory103 »

If you have all/most of the packages in the guide, you have the idea as every subsequent package installs the same. I use a temp folder for the package to install to, then manually move all my folders over. Make sure your simobjects folder is set with a MAIW folder, and adjust your scenery priority in-game. Search these threads for FSX updates to made for FS9 packages, you will avoid most of the headaches from previous users.

Remember to remove the VTxx and LMW type files from any custom scenery, and I generally remove the FS9 excludes as well. Most of the AFD (airports) will work fine, some do need elevation fixes to work in FSX.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Rtp09
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Re: installing packages after nellis

Post by Rtp09 »

Thanks for the help. Two questions, how do I tell the FS9 excludes and how do you adjust your scenery priority in game.