The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

install problems

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

install problems

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I have read and followed the MAIW installation guide provided by MAIW's owl's nest to the best of my (I'll admit limited computer knowlege) ability, but I seem to be still having problems with installing the packages. My NAS Kingsville seems fine while my NAS Lemoore seems to still have some of the default fsx buildings present and some of MAIW's buildings present. I know they should not be there because I have the package for it for FS9. Also, so far, all of my bases with MAIW packages installed in fsx have 2 control towers :roll: Does anyone know what may be the issue(s) Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I have a intel 3.4 Ghz 3GB ram nvidia GTX 550ti Win XP
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: install problems

Post by campbeme »

lancer27 wrote:Hi, I have read and followed the MAIW installation guide provided by MAIW's owl's nest to the best of my (I'll admit limited computer knowlege) ability, but I seem to be still having problems with installing the packages. My NAS Kingsville seems fine while my NAS Lemoore seems to still have some of the default fsx buildings present and some of MAIW's buildings present. I know they should not be there because I have the package for it for FS9. Also, so far, all of my bases with MAIW packages installed in fsx have 2 control towers :roll: Does anyone know what may be the issue(s) Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I have a intel 3.4 Ghz 3GB ram nvidia GTX 550ti Win XP

Thats normal when adding FS9 stuff into FSX, you then have to learn how to make background polys in FSX to remove unwanted buildings, bushes and stuff like that. I would suggest downloading ADEX, a quick google will find it. Its an amazing freeware product with a huge amount of power within the FS environment. Take a weekend reading the manual and you will be all set. Also there is a FSX AFD I made for Lemoore on this forum which will sort that base out for you. I will try and find it and attach it here later.

Here you go http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 715#p93715

Converting FS9 scenery to FSX is a lot of grief, but it gets easier the more you do it.
Mark
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: install problems

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I have downloaded the files but I am un-sure as to what to do with them.