The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Traffic file problems

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Traffic file problems

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I have installed some MAIW packages into FSX using FSX as the destination (instead of FS9) and the sceneries are breath-taking. I added the aircraft to simobjects/airplanes folder then using AI Flight Planner, added the flight plans etc. Coningsby (which was what I installed first) works awesome!!! Lakenheath--marvelous!!. But my american bases; Kingsville, Reserve Hornets, Lemoore, Whidbey, Nellis, Gladiators, are all empty of aircraft. (though the sceneries are awesome!!) I have noticed that when using AI flight planner to convert FS9 traffic files to FSX, only some of the packages showed up when navigating to the scenery/world/scenery location where the traffic files are found (all the British stuff showed). The american packages did not show up for conversion, even though I can physically see that they are in the scenery/world/scenery folder in FSX. Is there anyway to get these bases to show up on the AI flight planner so they can be converted?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Traffic file problems

Post by Firebird »

If I understand you correctly the problem is that some of the traffic bgl's are not showing up in AIFP for conversion.

The fact that some show up, rather than none, is a bit confusing. I would either all or none. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that is causing it.

Maybe what you could try is rather than converting the bgls is to use the raw text files that we supply with each package and create the bgl in FSX format from them using AIFP.
Steve
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Ok, i will give that a try. Just a side note i forgot to mention in the first thread--do you think aircraft and traffic are not showing up because of an im-proper install sequence? I installed my British bases per the MAIW-FSX manual provided by owl's nest, --install package, migrate aircraft to simobjects/airplanes etc. But with my american bases i installed the bases, then went to FSX to activate the scenery (without migrating the aircraft, converting flight plans etc) and those bases are empty of aircraft, except for Eglin, which has the C-130s operating normally. I then a few days later went to use AI Flight Planner to do the converting but only the british stuff and Eglin showed up when i navigated to scenery/world/scenery with the AI flight planner. The american stuff did not show up at all although they are physically present in the scenery/world/scenery folder in FSX. Do you think the airplanes in the american bases are probably not showing up because i activated the sceneries in FSX without first moving the airplanes to the simobjects/airplanes folder, and then do the converting of flight plans and such first?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The answer is no. Although we supply packages with aircraft, scenery and traffic files they do not all have to be present and installed to be seen by AIFP.
The simple fact is that if the traffic file is in the right place AIFP will find it even though you do not have aircraft that will be seen or scenery that will hold the traffic.
Steve