The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

voicepacks and ATC

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

voicepacks and ATC

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I have up to 8 beautiful MAIW packages intalled in FSX. All are beautiful and the AI aircraft work fine. The problem is I seem to only have ATC in 2 of them. I believe that I intalled the voicepacks in the same way for all, but only 2 bases (Kingsville and Lemoore)seem to have the ATC. I used EditvoicepackX40 which is what I believe is the latest version. A side note--I also have TeamSDB's Ellsworth, Dyess, Dover, Andrews and Langley installed and they all now have 0 AI aircraft on the ramp or in the air. :roll: Do you think that may have something to do with no ATC in some of the MAIW bases?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: voicepacks and ATC

Post by Firebird »

If you have replaced the MAIW scenery/afcads with the Team SDB scenery then, yes, it is likely to be the cause of the ATC issue. I also think that it may be the cause of the 0 AI. It maybe the same cause.

If there are no afcads for the addon scenery then there will be ATC and there will be no parking spaces. I am not saying that this is the case, but it is a possibility. Our scenery is designed for AI use third party sceneries are not, unless they specify it directly.

Check for afcad files in the scenery folders. If there are none then you will either need to inactive the sceneries and put back the MAIW afcads or build your own afcads for the each SDb scenery.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Just a side note here: the voicepacks provided with our packages will only install callsigns. Even without the voicepacks, ATC should still work fine but it will only say the flight number.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Well actually, I had the TeamSDB scenery's installed before I added MAIW's packages. (I didn't discover MAIW until recently). And now only 2 of MAIW's bases have ATC and there are no AI or ramp aircraft on TeamSDB's bases. I think what I will try now is to un-intall TeamSDB's bases since MAIW also makes the same ones, and install MAIW's bases (so that now all my bases are MAIW) and see what happens.
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

In my experience, Team SDB anything ends up creating errors all over my sim. I do not recommend using anything of theirs, because whatever you gain you end up losing something somewhere else in your sim. That was my experience at least, they are buggy and have alot of conflicts with all kinds of 3rd party stuff.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, well I un-installed all of TeamSDB from my computer and I do not have ATC at my other MAIW packages :roll: I had to wait until Tuesday to see if there were any effects in ATC since FS9 numbers their days differently than FSX when you convert the flight plans from FS9 to FSX. Unfortunately I witnessed no ATC at the other bases. I am a little baffled. But I am happy that I have excellent scenery with AI.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

I'm a little confused here...

When you say "no ATC", do you mean you can see the AI aircraft but they don't move, or that they do but there's no ground, tower or approach control?
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Yes, the AI aircraft fly around as they usually do, there is just no "radio chatter" between them and the control tower. ex. "panther23 on straight in approach rwy 24". I used EditVoicepackX40 which I believe is the latest version, but it appears that only 2 of my bases (Kingsville and Lemoore) have the "radio chatter". To the best of my knowlege I believe I installed all the MAIW packages the same way :roll:
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Again, EVP has nothing to do with this problem. It only contains the phrases used by the ATC engine. If you have correct ATC R/T at other bases then it's working fine.

It seems to me, if you're not hearing anything at all, you're simply not on the same frequency. I believe that even when no (correct) frequency is set in the AFD file, you should still hear position reports on some sort of default UNICOM frequency.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Oh ok...I will give trying to tune into the tower frequency a try :)
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, still no dice for tuning into the control tower frequency :cry:
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Hi. Joyful day, I have figured out what the problem was why I was not hearing any radio chatter or any communications between AI aircraft. I wasn't using the ATC window (scroll lock button on keyboard in FSX) to tune into ground control, tower, etc. After I did this anything and everything started to be heard !!! Aircraft on the ground, aircraft on approach, aircraft from near by bases !!! All was working well above any expectations I ever had :) It is awesome !!!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Glad you sorted it out. You can still manually tune the frequency but you were obviously not tuning the one set in the AFD. (For several reasons, one being that flight simulator isn't UHF capable, the frequencies on charts won't always match with the one used by the airfield in the sim.)

Using the ATC menu for automatic tuning will indeed avoid this. :smt001