The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

correction oceana hornets

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
speterson1538
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

correction oceana hornets

Post by speterson1538 »

Anybody know how do I get this package (correction oceana hornets) to show up in NAS Oceana by John Stinstrom? Not working for some reason. Trying to get that package and the VF 106 Gladiators package working at the same time.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: correction oceana hornets

Post by Victory103 »

Recommend installing the Gladiators package 1st using the FSX install guide. This will give you all the needed models for the non-MAIW Oceana Hornets. I've got about 6 WIP Afcads for NTU, not sure which one I am using or what I had to do to mod the parking spots.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
speterson1538
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by speterson1538 »

So just to be clear v103 you have both on the base at the same time. Good that gives me hope. If you can you send exactly what packages you are using. On another note, I had the bright idea to add the aircraft cfg file of NAS Oceana to the v106 one. Then I added the textures. Now I was in the process of making a flight plan for each squadron but your way sounds better and alot easier.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I also have the NAS Lemoore package (all USN packages actually) so I have every NBAI F-18A-G model for the textures to use. I separated Aaron's textures from the MAIW packs. The flightplans are done from his Oceana package, but I do have them separated so I can remove them when they are deployed. The big challenge is the airport, but the VFA-106 package comes with one coded for each squadron, for ex: VFA-213=V213. With every squadron in town, Oceana is busy and hits my system pretty good on framerates with so many models. I would recommend getting the MAIW Reserve Hornets pack as well.

Search "Haase" on flightsim.com for other cool paints.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris