The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

HAF Elefsis in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

HAF Elefsis in FSX

Post by Victory103 »

Anyone know how to shift the airport with scenery objects over a few hundred feet? Only issue I can see with the FSX install.

DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Re: HAF Elefsis in FSX

Post by Christopher Barbas »

Good day

I am not sure if I understand your question correct but if you change the airport altitude, the scenery objects will follow that and will be placed at the correct altitude.

If you mean to move to the airport, then you can do it better with AED, the objects need to be moved separate an each one with Instant Scenery for example.
Christopher Barbas
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Correct, it's the FSX airport background not aligned with the FS9 built LGEL ADE file, so the taxiways/ramps are shifted. From the haf.zip package, one of the AI helo ADE files (1GEL) needs to be moved but the elevation is good, I have had to correct elevations in the past.

I guess I can try to move the airport background, still learning the latest features of a recent ADE9X update.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Good day

I am not sure how the MAIW package are for FS9 and how the background image it's placed or more, I don't remember actually it's sometime ago!
What I am doing is to remove the "LWM2 and VTPP" files, "terrain" also if there is one there.

Then you can set the background with ADE, its easy, it is possible that you will have to place more than one "polygon", my 3 must are the,
1 - Airport Background - Flatten Mask Class Map ExludeAutoGen
2 - Airport Background - Flatten
3 - Exclude General - Everything

You don't have to draw its one off them, just copy your first one and change the "Tag".

I am starting always with the third one, then second etc, but sometimes only one is enough.
For the 1st and 2nd you will have to add the airport altitude also.

With the same workaround you can set also an airport background if you like.

I have wrote a guide I use since I don't know your knowledge about it Chris, hope it helps!
Christopher Barbas
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

My knowledge is average on ADE and I have a system of installing MAIW packages into FSX based on the original guide by Martin. I can adjust ADE's where needed and have imported all the objects found in most MAIW packages into ADE so I don't have the black squares when ADE is open on a particular airport.

It's only a slight distraction now, I only notice the off-set from the air when entering the overhead break in my trusty RAZBAM A-7 or T-2. I will probaly make a quick exclude for some trees on the south taxiway until I figure something out.

Is your guide in English?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Victory103 wrote:Is your guide in English?
Hi Chris

What I meant with "wrote" was the post above, sorry for the confusing/ my mistake. Just try it as I describe it.

Thanks
Christopher Barbas
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Chris

check also this, I couldn't find the link at my bookmarks earlier, "http://lieuallen.mypressonline.com/ADEX ... ounds.html".
Christopher Barbas
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks Christopher seen that before but that might get me started in the right direction. More reading and forum study on ScruffyDucks site.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris