The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW scenery install problem and win7

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

MAIW scenery install problem and win7

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I have had many MAIW packages on my computer as of late and they all worked superbly, un-questionably the best sceneries out there!! I recently had a hard drive failure..it was 7 years old, and I decided that it would also be a good time to upgrade my computer... that and also because of the fact that windows XP is no longer supported. I was thrilled to get my new computer with windows 7 and 6 more Gb of ram and excited to see MAIW's packages in all their full splendor. All was fine, Florida Orions installed great as well as Eglin, all with traffic and atc. I installed NAS Meridian Hawks and the aircraft part installed fine, but I seem to be having trouble activating the scenery. I can't seem to get the MAIW NAS Meridian folder and the MAIW Scenery Library Objects folder from the addon scenery folder in fsx to move over into the fsx scenery library in the sim to activate the scenery. (I installed MAIW's packages into fsx as the install destination, it seemed to work fine when I had winXP) I am new to win7, maybe I have missed a step? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: MAIW scenery install problem and win7

Post by John Young »

Trying to activate a scenery folder (FS9 or FSX) with Windows 7 won't work in the obvious way clicking the tabs in the select scenery screen. What you have to do is illogical but it works - you have to right click the white background of the screen like this (ACG example):

John
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: MAIW scenery install problem and win7

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, wow that worked!!! Weird, but it worked!! Thanks very much :D