The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

FSX Installation Issues

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
maddawg44
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

FSX Installation Issues

Post by maddawg44 »

I to seem to have problems with MAIW packages and installing them onto FSX. I have read the "manual" for changing FS9 packages to FSX and followed it to the letter, still nothing shows. Any help and advice is appreciated.
Thank you.
Last edited by Greg on 31 Aug 2014, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post moved to FSX forums.
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: FSX Installation Issues

Post by Christopher Barbas »

Hi

You are probably doing something wrong, with or without MAIW FSX guide everything works fine, so double check to be sure!
Christopher Barbas
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: FSX Installation Issues

Post by Victory103 »

Best to start with just a single package, get it all the way installed/tested in FSX and then start going in an adding all the packs you want. They all pretty much flow the same based on the guide, with some tweaks here and there for the AFCAD files. The inital scenery set up in your "Scenery Library" is key, along with having a way to convert the traffic.bgls to FSX format, I've been using AIFP2 since the start with no issues. Pick one package, search these FSX forums for any required fixes and the "Support" thread for any general issues for that particular package.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris