The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

P3D v2 MAW Object Library Conversion

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

P3D v2 MAW Object Library Conversion

Post by Ripcord »

I am getting around pretty good now in the latest version of ModelConverterX from Arno. Most of the MAIW libraries are behaving reasonably, but there are a few that are just not compiliing, either in FSX or P3D bgl format.

So I would like to just make a list here, for my own reference and for others, in case some are able make it work. If you are able to recompile any of these object libraries listed, please speak up and share!

Atsugi Object Library
Papa Object Library
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: P3D v2 MAW Object Library Conversion

Post by thetford569 »

I can't remember for sure which objects had issues but the libraries not compiling had something to do with either one or a few of the models inside the library. I checked back in the error log after the compile failed and found the models that were giving troubles. I deleted them out of the library and then it compiled fine. Most of the models were ones I figured I could do without and it got the sceneries working for me so I just went that route. It's been a couple of months since I did this so I don't really remember what the offending libraries or models were but I got most all of the MAIW sceneries working in P3D 2.3.

Brandon
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Well, OK. Thanks. That was almost helpful.

Can you upload the file somewhere, or at least describe the steps to do whatever it is you did?
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by thetford569 »

Sorry that wasn't detailed enough for you and sorry I am just now seeing this. I thought my answer would point you in the right direction. In ModelConverterX there is a error log at the bottom when the library fails to compile. You can scroll back through and see which objects have errors and then delete the individual objects from the library using the scenery objects editor button in MCX. Once you try to compile again it should work if you've gotten rid of the offending models.

That all being said if you want to send me an email (thetford569@gmail.com) with the libraries you need I will send you the fixed ones that I have.

Brandon
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Brandon, thanks mate. You are a gentleman and a scholar - not to mention (obviously) way better at using MCX than I.

I will certainly take you up on your offer to share files and I'll be happy to share the files I have converted. However that only helps the two of us (perhaps even just me). Would it not be better to share these with the rest of the MAIW community?

Would it be WAY wrong if we started up some kind of repository of these files here...? Surely the authors would not be opposed to this, would they? Could we upload them here on the MAIW site, or failing that, even post them on AVSIM? Not demanding it (have no right to), but it is perhaps a reasonable suggestion, as more and more folks are going to be moving over and it won't be just a few of us wanting MAIW scenery in P3Dv2.

Brandon, are there any file libraries that I can share with you?
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by thetford569 »

Ripcord wrote:Brandon, thanks mate. You are a gentleman and a scholar - not to mention (obviously) way better at using MCX than I.

I will certainly take you up on your offer to share files and I'll be happy to share the files I have converted. However that only helps the two of us (perhaps even just me). Would it not be better to share these with the rest of the MAIW community?

Would it be WAY wrong if we started up some kind of repository of these files here...? Surely the authors would not be opposed to this, would they? Could we upload them here on the MAIW site, or failing that, even post them on AVSIM? Not demanding it (have no right to), but it is perhaps a reasonable suggestion, as more and more folks are going to be moving over and it won't be just a few of us wanting MAIW scenery in P3Dv2.

Brandon, are there any file libraries that I can share with you?
I don't check this forum as much as I would like but a repository or somewhere to share the files would sure make things easier for everyone. I just don't know the wishes of the authors as to converting and sharing the converted files because they are no longer originals as they intended. I am currently not even working on adding things to the sim right now and instead am dealing with multiple OOM errors in P3D 2.4. These days I can't seem to complete a flight without running into an OOM error.

Brandon