The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Problem with AI aircraft in some packages

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Mar96
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Problem with AI aircraft in some packages

Post by Mar96 »

Hi, I have installed almost all MAIW USA packages. I am somewhat a beginner to this, I have FSX, so I learned not too long ago how to convert the packages into FSX. I've installed many packages and many have been successful( Only installed AI, haven't learned how to do the sceneries yet). However, I've had some problems with AI not being present gor some packages. Is this because these packages are not guaranteed to work in FSX? I tried everything. I converted them successfully, but they won't show up. Others work great and are flourishing with military aircraft( Langley AFB v2, Luke AFB, and the squadrons of NAS Lemoore) I know it's not anything regarding remaining FS9 BGL'S, because all other traffic shows up except for certain aircraft. The packages that won't work are; Hill AFB, Whidbey Island growlers, Reserve hornets, Beale AFB, and partially Top Gun Miramar). Miramar works fine, but some F14s squadrons won't show up, while others do. I have my FSX traffic settings at 100 percent so I know that's not it either. It's only in certain packages. It seems to mostly be with aircraft such as most F18 squadrons. MCAS Yuma is another one that works excellent. I'm trying to get NAS Oceana full of F18s, but none appear there at all, just the F22s from nearby Langley AFB. Nellis AFB traffic also doesn't work. I noticed only a few aircraft will chow up, but not at all. I've tried restarting the process many times, and double checked for any hidden remaining FS9 files or any without an FSX suffix, but all were fine. Are these packages jus not compatible for FSX, or do they need something extra added to them? I also have all AFCADS for them, but the aircraft are not there, or there's just too few of them. In the Holloman Talons package, only 1 aircraft appeared, which was the turboprop, but the other talons did not. Whats going on? Thanks.
Mar96
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Problem with AI aircraft in some packages

Post by Mar96 »

Oh yeah, and the F18s at Oceana were; The VFA 106 Gladiators, reserve hornet package, mcas beaufort package. None of these packages, I can't get the ai to appear in FSX. So Oceana is empty but I have a lot of F15s and F22s flying around the area so I know its not an FS9 conversion problem.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Did you set up your scenery that same as the FSX Conversion Guide? Seems you have basics down for converting the FS9 based traffic.bgls to FSX format I assume with AIFP2. You don't need the scenery, but then again that would take away from the whole package and look in the sim along with the stock FSX AFD's lacking the parking you need. You have checked your traffic sliders, normally the 1st thing to do. Confirm you checked for duplicate AFD's?

Did you set up the the aircraft folder the same as the guide, ie a separate MAIW folder inside the Simobjects folder?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Mar96
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mar96 »

Yes, I have checked for duplicate AFDs and don't have any. I haven't installed the sceneries yet I only have the traffic files. I do have the AFCADS for all of my bases. Could the stock FSX AFDs be the problem? Are the aircraft not appearing because I need the other scenery objects from the packages like Landclass, Excludes, etc?
butcherbird17
Cadet
Cadet

Post by butcherbird17 »

Most of the time when a/c are not showing its because of the lack of parking spots. I use most of the MAIW
AI flying in fsx but don't use the scenery included. If you do a search for these air bases at Avsim and flightsim you can find most of these bases have been done for FSX and are setup to use MAIW AI. There is
a nice Whidbey Island NAS at SimV look for WINASv1.5. It blends in well if you are using FTX PNW.

Joe
Mar96
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mar96 »

Victory103 wrote:Did you set up your scenery that same as the FSX Conversion Guide? Seems you have basics down for converting the FS9 based traffic.bgls to FSX format I assume with AIFP2. You don't need the scenery, but then again that would take away from the whole package and look in the sim along with the stock FSX AFD's lacking the parking you need. You have checked your traffic sliders, normally the 1st thing to do. Confirm you checked for duplicate AFD's?

Did you set up the the aircraft folder the same as the guide, ie a separate MAIW folder inside the Simobjects folder?
Yes, I double checked for duplicate AFCADS and have none. Could the problem be that the Landclass and exlude sceneries are required for the AI?
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi

You will need the new afcads to get the parking spots. No parking spots no traffic.

John
Mar96
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mar96 »

I have found the problem. It was actually because my airline traffic slider was down to 20 percent! I missed it because when I looked at the main settings screen in FSX, it displayed the traffic as being 100 percent. Then I went to customize the traffic scenery and saw that it was actually 20 percent. Thank you all! My military bases are now flourishing with AI! However, due to me compiling traffic files over and over because I was unaware that my traffic slider was low, I have crowded many duplicate AI aircraft taking up many parking spaces on my bases and many of them fly bunched up because its not supposed to be as many at that spot. Would I have to start over the traffic file to get rid of the duplicate AI, or is there any other way to remove the extra AI? How can I get rid of the extra copies of AI? For example, at Langley AFB, I have at least 15 aircraft, all with at least 5 copies each, all with the same serial number, lol!