The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Question about compiling AI traffic.

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Mar96
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Question about compiling AI traffic.

Post by Mar96 »

Hi, I have FSX and I use AIFP2 to convert MAIW AI traffic. I'll try to explain this in as much detail as I can as I don't really understand it well. When I open AIFP2, on the left, there is a collumn titled FLIGHTPLAN LIST. When I already have all of my traffic installedand set, I compile my traffic by double-clicking on one flightplan in the FLIGHTPLAN LIST collumn then going to the top of AIFP2 and hit; File, then COMPILE TRAFFIC FILE AND SAVE. Then it resequences the time table and aircraft then says COMPILE SUCCESSFUL. Then I hit COMPILE AGAIN to be a little faster for the rest. Some are very quick and take no longer than a second to compile, others take at least a minute. Some have errors with airports and having no airport data but I compile them anyway. Sometimes I do this over a hundred times for big packages such as NAS MIRAMAR TOP GUN . Is there any way you can compile all the traffic files in the FLIGHTPLAN LIST of AIFP2 all at one time simultaneously? Is there any faster way to get all the files? Or does AIFP2 oonly allow you to save one at a time?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Question about compiling AI traffic.

Post by John Young »

If all you want to do is convert FS9 traffic files to FSX, place the files to be converted in your FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder and use the drop down list in the top "file" menu and check the boxes of all the files you want converted and then "use selected/checked". In the next screen, select the output folder required.

Alternatively you can select "Find FS9 Traffic Files" from the "File" menu and AIFP will find the ones you put in your FSX folder and convert them all for you. The latter is a good check to run anyway, just in case you have any FS9 rogue files present already.

John