The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

EDHK question

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

EDHK question

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I recently installed the Kiel-Holtenau EDHK German Seakings package into FSX and noticed after the install, when I read the readme document, that the bases height was adjusted to 0 feet. Loving the amazing work that the MAIW team does I started FSX for a go. Though I really love the many packages the team has made, (I have over 25 of them and they are all just perfect and with no problems), and because of the differences in FS9 and FSX, I was compelled to have to remove EDHK from FSX. After removing all the files that I believe to be associated with EDHK, I started FSX again and noticed that the runway and the surrounding taxiways and parking ramps and default buildings are still at 0 feet while the rest of the terrain around the base is at its regular height of 101 feet. I am wondering if there is a way to have a list of all the files that pertain to a certain package so I may check to see if I have removed all that is associated with EDHK? I believe that I removed all of them before but apparently not. p.s there is a red and white checker little building still on the airport (at 101 feet and not at 0 feet) :roll:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: EDHK question

Post by Firebird »

Hi,
It's one of those things that we have debated over the years. The problem is not the small packages but the big ones. There can literally be hundreds of files and is a huge overhead to ensure that we get it 100% accurate, so the current thinking is that if we can't do something for all packages then we don't do it for any.

Now having said that there is a relatively easy way of working it out for yourself. What I do is set up up a manual install, to a temporary folder anywhere on your system, and then you will have a complete structure of what goes where.
Now you simply check the corresponding folders in FSX and remove the files that you find in the manual install structure.

I am sure that it is not the case for yourself but I will mention for others not so adept. The one obvious exception to this common MAIW libs that we use (MAIW Scenery Library Objects). Remove those and who knows what else will be affected.

Does this help?
Steve
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, so to understand what you say, I just make a folder in say...Documents or Pictures or Games or Music or even to the Desk Top and point the installer to one of these locations, and then check against the files I already removed after it installs there?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

lancer27 wrote:Hi, so to understand what you say, I just make a folder in say...Documents or Pictures or Games or Music or even to the Desk Top and point the installer to one of these locations, and then check against the files I already removed after it installs there?
That's it lancer yes.
Mark
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, it worked :) Actually there were quite a few files that I had missed including the 2 most important ones that caused the elevation change. All is back to normal now. Thanks very much for all your help. p.s. I did however keep the aircraft file and its corresponding traffic file inside FSX so I still have the AI helicopters flying about...I am happy with that :)