The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Coningsby 2013 Update Typhoon T3s

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
RedBaronAaron
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

RAF Coningsby 2013 Update Typhoon T3s

Post by RedBaronAaron »

Hello all,

I don't know if i have missed something somewhere or this has been answered before but,

A few years ago when i installed this package for the first time the twin stick typhoon canopy's displayed as intended, which was the reflective canopy which looked great and the FGR4's needed Martin Gossmann's fix to alter them to show in FSX,

Recently having reinstalled this package the T3 typhoons no longer have there reflective canopies? There just black, my graphics card has the latest driver installed and i installed the package fully as i did a few years back. I fixed the FGR4's but after trying everything to my knowledge i can no longer get them to show? I did download a new F-15E package (Mountain-Home) and placed there reflective texture in the fsx texture folder and individually in the Typhoon texture folders with no results as i thought it the same texture.

Anyway any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
edhave
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: RAF Coningsby 2013 Update Typhoon T3s

Post by edhave »

I think you can find them in the Owl's Nest download center

http://www.owlsnest.eu/phpatm/index.php

Ed
RedBaronAaron
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by RedBaronAaron »

Thanks for the reply,

He did a fix for the Single Seat Typhoon (FGR4) which is what is on that link,

However the Two Seat Variant with its reflective canopy works straight from the download but for some unknown reason to me i have black canopies

Cheers
RedBaronAaron
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by RedBaronAaron »

After doing a small bit of research,

Am i right in saying a black texture is the sign of a missing texture? I installed every texture and effect with the package so is there something else i need to download for the canopies to show correctly?

Cheers again

***Problem Fixed*** Further research told me that i was missing a reflective Texture file which i lost after uninstalling previously! ***Problem Fixed***
RedBaronAaron
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by RedBaronAaron »

Guys,

For anyone who has this same issue now or in the Future the texture you need is refl_texture.bmp its included in the Langley AFB V2 package and i am sure others,

and should be placed in your main FSX Texture folder!

Thanks to Martin (gsnde) who posted this thread to where i found the problem! http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... sx+typhoon

Cheers
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks for the heads up, now I'm not sure mine are correct so need to check them.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris