The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Is it possible to have F18's & PC9's at Willy?

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
rpmacca
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Is it possible to have F18's & PC9's at Willy?

Post by rpmacca »

Greetings All,

I recently upgraded my PC and decided to bite the bullet and install FSX - SE. Shortly thereafter I discovered MAIW :D Wow!
What a fantastic group of folks you are to create such detailed models and scenery for the benefit of all - thank you so much. I've been flying with MS FS since the early days of the product and cannot believe I had not found you folks before!

Anyway, to my question. I have the F18's working when I use an F18, I have the PC9's working when I fly a PC9. I have a RAZBAM Harrier at Willy also, alas no AI. Is it possible to somehow combine the F18's & PC9's so they appear simultaneously?

Thanks again for your great work.

Regards
Macca
Sydney
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Is it possible to have F18's & PC9's at Willy?

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like you move one traffic file out and the other one in, according to what you are flying. Is this the case?
If so, just leave both traffic files in and both will appear at the same time.

... or is there something I am not understanding?
Steve
rpmacca
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by rpmacca »

Apologies, apparently I posted my question too soon. I now have both F-18's (flying) and PC-9's (static) at Willy, even with the Harrier.

It took me a while to get them going at all - finally did it by placing all a/c into a separate 'AI aircraft' folder within the 'SimObjects' folder, then modifying the .cfg file to point it in the right direction - all exactly as per the 'MAIW_FSX_Installation_Guide.pdf' located in the Owl's Nest.

Thank you for responding and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards
Macca
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Not a problem.
Steve