The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

FSX Help...

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: FSX Help...

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Here is the rest of the reports...
Attachments
Validation.txt
(107.2 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
recompile.txt
(105.11 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

OK I think it is over to the FSX guys now.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I notice that two Amberley traffic files in the validation list did not have the FSX suffix, but these have been removed from the recompile list. I don't know that program, but I assume the validation is telling you that all the files are now in FSX format for both your addon scenery and scenery\world\scenery folders. Is that right?

You seem to have 405 traffic files reported on in your Addon scenery folder and only 2 in scenery\world\scenery. Are there other traffic files in both folders over and above these?

I would try a process of divide and conquer to get to the problem and I would start with a simple test:

- Uncheck your C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\FS9 Traffic BGls\scenery folder in the scenery library.

- Launch FSX and go to one of the airfields that has traffic enabled in your S\W\S folder.

Does the traffic appear?

If it doesn't, try dividing the files into batches and testing those in isolation, putting the good ones into a temporary folder and sub dividing a bad batch repeatedly until you get to the problem. Once you have S\W\S working, you can use the same process for your addon scenery folder.

It could be a long job and it might be complicated by more than one problem file, but I can't think of any other way of getting to the problem.

John
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Hi Guys,

So some awesome news!!! I finally have my problem solved!!! Both MAIW and Default are showing together in harmony!!! The fix (and please don't take this as me bad mouthing AIFP) was for me to use a different BGL converter to convert the traffic BGLs... After hearing about bglfpfsxconvert utility I decided to do some bing and google searches as the links were broken but alas I found the utility and it worked... I luckily had kept all my old FS9 files that came with the MAIW packages store elsewhere on my computer in a place were FSX would not look or find them... But once I dug them up and ran them through this other utility to convert them to FSX then I removed the AIFP _FSX BGLs and replaced them with the newly converted BGLs from the bglfpfsxconvert utility I had ramps full of U-2s and Blackbirds at Beale tons of stuff at Nellis and I had default AI at Dulles... Since the previous links that were posted on these forums were broken for those that need it here is the link where I found it: http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/software.html Thanks again for all the help guys!!!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Really glad you've found the problem and thanks for posting the alternative way of converting FS9 files to FSX format. I don't know why Microsoft changed the day coding in FSX to cause this incompatibility, but it's been a real pain over the years creating seemingly unnecessary problems for FSX users.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks for the follow up, I'll continue to use AIFP as I have for years now with no issues, but good to know there are other ways.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris