The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Nelis

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
FERG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Nelis

Post by FERG »

Hi

I have installed MAIW Nellis on my FSX along with Orbx Vector etc.

The air base and ai aircraft are all present and correct but I have a pronounced "berm" around some areas of the base particularly to the North and around the Race car circuit. I have run the Vector elevation correction module but the problem remains.

I have a similar "berm effect " with my China Lake scenery.

Another issue I have is with the texture colour of the Nellis ground around the runways - it's too brown and does not gel with either the Orbx or the default landscape.

Any help/ideas welcomed.

Ferg
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Nelis

Post by Victory103 »

For non-Orbx, I adjusted the airport elevation to match the stock FSX height, but could not do much for the Security Patrol hummer roads to the North.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Nelis

Post by MIKE JG »

To fix the elevation issues with the Ground AI routes for the Humvee's, simply edit the 'taxiways' in the file "MAIW_AF2_LSV1_CUSTOM.bgl" with Airport Design Editor to match the airport elevation in FSX, or you can remove it all together in which case you lose the AI Humvees. I'm guessing Chris is correct in saying that those fake 'taxiways' are the cause of the berms around the perimeter.

To adjust the color of the airport background file, if you have a texture editor like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, you can edit the file "MAIW_Desert_4.bmp" That file resides in the FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder. Hopefully you know where you put that file in your FSX folder. But if you can find that file, you can match the color and tone to whatever scenery you are using.

If you can't do that or don't know how, let me know and I can make a custom one for you to match your setup.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log