The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Ground polygon in P3Dv31

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Ground polygon in P3Dv31

Post by gsnde »

This is with P3Dv31 and all regional and global OrbX products with the exception of Vector and FS Global Ultimate.

I am trying to rework the Clicks Japanese airport Iwakuni. I need to extend it a bit into the sea but fail miserably. I tried three different approaches:

1. With ADE. No matter what I do there is not the slightest trace of land. You only see the runways and taxiways in the water.

2. With SBuilderX. Same as with ADE. Whatever I do there is no trace of it in the sim.

3. With Instant Scenery: extremely irritating. Here you see the polygon perfectly in the editor. But as soon as you close the Instant Scenery Editor the polygon vanishes. If you reopen the created BGL file the polygon reappears correctly until the moment you leave the editor again.

I know that you are supposed to see such an issue when trying to overlay a photo scenery, but this is not the case here. I also tried to lay a ground polygon at the default start location of P3D in the U.S. with exactly the same result. So it seems to be not a local issue.

Can you tell me what is happening here?
Cheers,
Martin