The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NAS Pax River

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
navychief88
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

NAS Pax River

Post by navychief88 »

Has anyone updated the NAS PAX River scenery to work with the accurate landclass of the Megascenery, especially concerning the area along the north coastline where the Test Pilot Hangar inlet and the other inlet further west.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: NAS Pax River

Post by John Young »

Des has kindly agreed to update the scenery to accommodate the new P-8A Poseidons I'm building, but I don't know what else he plans to do there. I'm sure he will say when he next drives by.

John
navychief88
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by navychief88 »

Thanks John. Looking forward to the update. A couple new buildings and the ski jump have been added since I asked John Stinstrom to do the original scenery back in 2007. I was the boots on the ground so to speak.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

If you guys want a few new buildings or custom scenery objects for Pax River, get me some pictures and I can make them for you. Des I don't think has any plans to take up scenery modeling or update the actual scenery models.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
navychief88
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by navychief88 »

Mike, Thanks. It would be the new Triton UAV test hangar, another small hangar and the ski jump for the UK F-35B testing. I will send you some things later today. The other buildings and hangars in the original scenery should still be good. My main thing was the shape of the peninsula the base sits on and how John had to arrange certain areas . With the megascenery it is now accurate and would need updated.