The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Quick question from an FSX newb.

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Quick question from an FSX newb.

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Wondering what AI sounds you guys are using for "fast jets".

Thanks
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: Quick question from an FSX newb.

Post by swp53 »

Hi Stewart
I have Traffic Sounds by Alan Constable and made a few of my own by looking at one of the cfg files and then downloading engine sounds from avsim etc and picking out the individual sounds needed.
A good start for $15.95
Steve
Past Beta Tester
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Thanks for the suggestion Steve.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Manschy »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but many good jet addons for FSX come along with a "soundai" folder. This is well usable for appropriate AI jets as well. With a little patience, you can get almost each sound you want for your AI aircraft. John Young's AI birds mostly use advanced sound files (I like the AI Harrier sound most of all - finest jet whine while taxiing, heavy roaring when take-off - same with his F-4, for example from RAF Wattisham) Give it a go, you will be more than satisfied...
Regards, Manfred.