The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

P3D - Aircraft/Heli Lights/Effects Fix

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

P3D - Aircraft/Heli Lights/Effects Fix

Post by Christopher Barbas »

Hi all,

its not a long time ago that I have lost all the lights from my AI aircraft and I have finally spend some time to investigate whats going on.

What I have found out is that a texture was missing from the "Effects/Texture" folder, this one "fx_2.bmp" and the result was "no lights".

I have investigate the "[lights]" entries from the "aircraft.cfg" with the "FXEditor" and after sometime I have observed a repeating texture entry at many off the effects I have investigated, the one I have already mentioned and was missing!

I cannot tell if the texture is part off P3D but was for sure part off FS9 and I had it also at my P3D installation but went missing, I cant tell how, from my search at internet, some are saying that it can be also that some addon they are deleting this texture. So I am not sure whats wrong or right here.

Anyhow if someone search the internet its easy to find the texture, at AVSIM Library for example.

Its really working I have again lights at all aircraft and by some helis.

I hope it will be useful for someone.

Regards
Christopher Barbas