The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

P3D - RAF AIRBUS Voyager KC2/KC3

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

P3D - RAF AIRBUS Voyager KC2/KC3

Post by Christopher Barbas »

Hi all

I just want to share my experience with this AI aircraft(details bellow) and in case someone come in front at this at the future!

The last days I am working a new LCRA - Akrotiri AB P3D AFCAD and at the time in between I have decided to add some traffic to the airport or what we are doing here :mrgreen:

Anyhow I was again in front off a problem for the 2nd time, here is the 1st one and I couldn't see the aircraft at the airfield no matter what!

I am talking about this package "Airbus A330 MRTT/KC30 Voyager - RAF Airbus A330 MRTT / KC-30A" from "The Owl's Nest".

Like before I have done everything rechecked everything but the aircraft wasn't there, period!

Again, starting over and I have double triple checked everything, folders, folder names, model names, textures, bla bla bla ..., nothing NO aircraft at flight simulator.

That's until I have slow double clicked at the texture folders and the windows warning came up about "not allowed characters are contained at the folder name".
The textures folder names are like this "texture.RAF MRTT-KC-30A ZZ330" and it was the "-" sign or "Hyphen-minus" or "minus sign" that was causing the problem!

I have also texture folders named like this and with this character but they are working!

I cannot understand why this is happening and the only thing I could observed is that both packages was from Ray Parker, maybe his windows version, I am just saying/guessing I have no idea.

It sounds to me alike the problem "period instead of the comma" or the opposite, I am not remembering, with GMAX, again just telling/guessing!

OK, at the end good news, problem solved and only after all texture folders was renamed!
Christopher Barbas
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: P3D - RAF AIRBUS Voyager KC2/KC3

Post by f4nutter »

can i just say that i have never put " " in any of my packages or texture files ?
can you tell me exactly where you got these from or post a link please :evil:
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Post by Christopher Barbas »

Hi Ray,

not " " but I am talking for this characters, bold/red/little bigger with the help of the forum post editor, "texture.RAF MRTT-KC-30A ZZ330", "Hyphen-minus" or "minus sign" I dont know what exactly they are.

The file is a download from AVSIM, I have found it at 1st at the The Owl's Nest which redirects to the AVSIM library HERE.

Thanks
Christopher Barbas
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Those files work perfectly in FS9 (For which they were designed). but if P3D is throwing a wobbly then just rename the texture folder to something it likes.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

those texture work just fine with the "-" in the texture name it is not a banned character.
like Pete say's it must be a P3D thing.