The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Traffic not showing up on FSX Airport Free and Payware

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

AI Traffic not showing up on FSX Airport Free and Payware

Post by jpf813 »

Hello All,

Hopefully you can help me out here.

Installed the two packages below with great success, all of the packages showed up fine on the default airports

1. MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion

2. AI Boeing P-8A Poseidon (JYAI)

But then I installed the upgrade of NAS Jacksonville below.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... enery-v12/

All of a sudden, once it was installed all of the MAIW P-8 and p-3 were gone.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jon
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: AI Traffic not showing up on FSX Airport Free and Payware

Post by Firebird »

I don't have FSX installed but I downloaded the package.
Looking at the afcad it has next to no parking slots in it which is why you get no AI aircraft there.

It is a bit strange that JIm didn't include parking but to cure the problem you need to add it.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The instructions for installing Jacksonville in FSX are on page 4 of my P-8A Poseidon manual. The zip includes an updated AFCAD for the previous MAIW scenery and a traffic file. I don't know what the download at flyawaysimulations is and how it can be used with my files, but the correct codes on the parking spots to match the codes in the P-8A aircraft.cfg file would be essential.

John
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by jpf813 »

Hello John,

Here is the back story, I first installed MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion as one of the new FSX packages then I did the same with the P-8 package. They worked fine with the exception of some parking issues, Then I installed the 3rd party NAS Jax scenery. and all the planes were gone.

I did not install "MAIW US Navy Airliners Part 2_Desmond Burrell.zip. or MAIW_Florida_Orions.zip." to my knowledge before I put on the 3rd party NAS Jax . But then I did and thats where we are right now.

So what would be the best course of action? delete everything and what order should I put them in?

I am working on FSX-Steam.

Thanks for your help.

Jon
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I just downloaded Jim's package Jon, but I haven't installed it. The readme says to remove existing scenery of Jacksonville, so I'm assuming this is a stand alone package. I don't know what it offers compared to what we have already, but as you have probably seen both, you could make that comparison and use the scenery you prefer.

As Steve pointed out, the new package has a very restrictive AFCAD with only 6 parking spots, so you will need to add 150 more to be able to see the traffic you have mentioned. You also need to add parking codes to each spot to match those in the aircraft.cfg files for the aircraft you are going to use.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I'll re-look at my FSX install but used Jim D's scenery initially and found the issues long ago John mentioned for adding additional parking, this was after the Orions pack, but previous to the release to the JYAI MH-60Rs.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris