The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Sheppard AFB Freeware FSX- MAIW Flightplans issue

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Sheppard AFB Freeware FSX- MAIW Flightplans issue

Post by jpf813 »

Hello All,

As you can see from the photos below, I am have some issues on parking and planes being in the wrong area.

First, I downloaded, the MIAW flightplans that was just released for FSX

After that, I started noticing all sorts of military aircraft that I have not seen before.

Which is great, but when I download a freeware base we seem to have the wrong planes at the wrong bases at the wrong locations.

I am pretty new to all of this with AFCAD and traffic, why are planes like a KC-135 and a F-22 doing at a Air force Training base?

Thanks for the help.

Jon
Attachments
Orginal photo from how it should look
Orginal photo from how it should look
With the MAIW traffic added
With the MAIW traffic added
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Sheppard AFB Freeware FSX- MAIW Flightplans issue

Post by Firebird »

Firstly if the reason that you did not have traffic before is probably because you had one or more FS9 flight plans on your system.
If FSX detects an FS9 flight plan it will not show any FSX traffic there, as they are a different makeup.
You seem to have followed the FSX flightplans instructions and got rid of the original FS9 traffic in at least some places.

Now on to your traffic problem at Sheppard.

To get traffic you need to have the AI aircraft installed on your system, so you have KC-135s and F-22s installed, and you have installed a traffic file which calls for the specific aircraft titles and then flies from various place to place.

For your situation to happen I am guessing that you are using a third party traffic program like TrafficX, would I be correct?

The only other way for this to happen is for you to install an MAIW pack and then completely change all of the titles of KC-135 and F-22 aircraft to match those of in the traffic file, and I do not believe that you did that.

So can you confirm that you are using a third party traffic tool, and which scenery did you install?
Steve
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by jpf813 »

Hello Steve,

Yes I am using just flight traffic 360, what should I do to remedy this problem?

Thanks,

Jon
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

That is the problem. Traffic 360 does not care or even know about what is based there. It just fills up the base.

I don't know about the control of the product but I would imagine that it knows that Sheppard is a military base and therefore fills the base with military traffic that it knows about.
It operates completely outside the normal AI control and I am almost positive that it installs afcads that will conflict with any other addon scenery as well.

If you are able to then switch off all military aircraft that are controlled by it. I would also consider removing all the afcads as well, by simply renaming the folder it puts them in.

I would not say that you can't operate Traffic 360 with manual addons using the default system, but you would have to be well versed in how both FSX and Traffic 360 works and be able to limit it to let it run.

I would say switch it off, or if not uninstall it.
Steve
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by thetford569 »

Those are static aircraft that are part of the scenery. Sheppard is a training base but that also includes training aircraft maintainers. That particular ramp is full of older tankers, transports, and fighters for the maintainers to practice on. It is like that in real life. The T-6s and T-38s all park under the sun shelters and then there is a transient ramp in front of the tower I believe. Hope this helps...