The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Realistic Flight Plans for AI Fighters

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Realistic Flight Plans for AI Fighters

Post by jpf813 »

Hello all,

Just had a quick question..

When I have been flying around fighters I notice a lot of their flight paths are not like real fighter jets.

For example, why would nick black's f-18 be on a 15 mile final approach into NAS Fort Worth?

Fighters always break at the numbers navy style.

Anyway to change this? or is that up to the developer.

Thanks,

Jon
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Realistic Flight Plans for AI Fighters

Post by Firebird »

Actually they don't. It depends on the traffic pattern.
If they are IFR then they follow the published IFR procedures for that airfield.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It would be great if we could achieve an AI approach and a fighter break into a tight visual circuit to land. Unfortunately the traffic engine in all 3 sim versions is designed for commercial jets flying VFR or IFR approaches as Steve suggests. If LM are really geared to military simulation, then perhaps one day they will re-work the AI engine for P3D to make possible the sort of fighter approach that is being suggested. While they are at it, they could also usefully have an option to kill pushbacks without having to place centre spot nodes. Through parking for military flight lines without having to create a plumbed AFCAD would also be useful too.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Whilst the AI engine was massively upgraded in FS9 from the earlier versions it hasn't really moved on from that.

As well as what John said it would be nice to have proper waypoint support that would enable aircraft to fly to a point and not to approaches. I think the Mil AI crowd would also love the ability to do multi=ship take offs and landings.

I am sure that a lot more ideas can be thought of.
Steve