The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Confused About Conversions

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
LTCSZ
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Confused About Conversions

Post by LTCSZ »

I have P3d V4.4 installed and running well...I see all sorts of conversion packs available for aircraft...But, there are very few scenery packs for P3dV4 airbases...What airbases can I use with P3dV4 and the appropriate conversion packs? I have been running MAIW stuff for a long time in FS9...Quite a change! Thanks for any encouragement and advice...

Steve in Kansas
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Re: Confused About Conversions

Post by gavinc »

LTCSZ wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 21:49 I have P3d V4.4 installed and running well...I see all sorts of conversion packs available for aircraft...But, there are very few scenery packs for P3dV4 airbases...What airbases can I use with P3dV4 and the appropriate conversion packs? I have been running MAIW stuff for a long time in FS9...Quite a change! Thanks for any encouragement and advice...

Steve in Kansas
Hey Steve in Kansas,
Download Matrix, it will allow you to install entire regions with P3Dv4 converted flightplans, aircraft and .... airbases.

Gavin (in Ontario)
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I'm slowly adding more converted scenery to the Matrix regions, but focus right now is on aircraft because we're lucky to have a couple of very active developers on the aircraft model conversion team at the moment.
texxasal
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by texxasal »

Simple question(s) from a simple-minded pilot.

I have P3d V4 (64bit) running on Windows 10. No problem so far there.

I have installed Matrix, along with some packages for the Western US (Specifically Lemoore, and F/A-18's).

When I turn the traffic all the way up, I see that the MAIW traffic is partially there on the ground (the same visuals persist when I get close to MAIW a/c in flight).

I have a link to a screen print illustrating my situation.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/8dyht047 ... _.png/file

I'm sure I'm missing something very basic somewhere in the vast well of information that constitutes these forums.

Any help, besides "Just read all the documentation there is, dummy", would be appreciated.

Thanks

Al Rosenberg
San Antonio, Texas :smt003
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hi Al,

The problem is you have installed FS9 traffic in P3Dv4.

P3Dv4 is no longer backwards compatible with FS9 aircraft models, which is why you only see partial aircraft. What's more, when you install an FS9 traffic bgl file, all FSX formatted traffic bgl files (like the ones in Matrix) will become inoperative.

If you have Matrix, you don't need to download and install our legacy FS9 packages. All traffic is already included in the Matrix regions (although not all aircraft models have been converted yet to be P3Dv4 compatible, but we're working hard on that).

So what I would suggest is that you uninstall all FS9 traffic. If you have the North American region installed in Matrix, you should now see the F-18's correctly.
texxasal
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by texxasal »

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly.

I have deleted all the "old" MAIW traffic .bgl's, and all looks well an proper.

I have the F-35's and F-18's at Lemoore as they should be.

It's much nicer than looking at empty apron'x.

Thanks again,

Al