The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

OFFUT FSX conv issue

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

OFFUT FSX conv issue

Post by ajs1964 »

Hi Guys

I have converted the OFFUT Package to work in my FSXSe.

My conversion consisted of disabling FS9 specific files and creating a new Airfield BGL along with a *.CVX that includes flatten and old airstrip exclusions. I have ignored the FS9 landclass directory. I have adjusted transparencies on fences and trees. I HAVE NOT made any conversions to aircraft.

Everything appears correctly except the planes do not land. They get just to the end of the ILS arrow, drop their gear, and promptly retract their gear and declare a go around. I have checked the behaviour in FS9 and all is good.

I have attached the airfield BGL and *.CVX files if they are of any help.

I have also completed Barksdale using exactly the same methodology and have had no problems with it.

Cheers
Andrew

FSXSe, WIN10X64, ORBX Global Vector, ORBX X
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: OFFUT FSX conv issue

Post by ajs1964 »

OOps Files attached
Attachments
scenery.rar
(12.63 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

You have a number of Link ID errors on the runway which might be affecting the AI traffic.

I suggest that you clear up those errors using the Fault Finder (under "Tools" in ADE) and see what happens. You can ignore the orphan link errors it brings up-those would not affect runway operation.
ajs1964
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ajs1964 »

Hey Tango234

You are a legend. I did not pick up the runway issues as I had only manipulated the original file supplied in the Offut package. So clearly the FS9 ADE file is faulty and on examination yes this is the case. The runway orientation and runway links are incorrect and need to be realigned to the primary runway 30. Having done that it now works perfectly in my FSX. I guess FS9/FSX handle traffic differently for the error to not manifest in FS9.

Cheers again for your help :smt006
Andrew
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

No problem at all.