The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Installing MAIW packages in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Re: Installing MAIW packages in FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Firebird wrote:OK, so it might be that his WoAI plans need converting then.
I'd say that'd be the case :)
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

Firebird wrote:As I understand it it, if you have a mix of FS9 and FSX traffic files then only the FS9 ones show up. Is this correct?
If it is then surely if anything the WoAI ones, FS9?, would show up but the MAIW ones, FSX, would not.
From the guy with the problem
Placed WOAI files only in scenery/world/scenery which worked perfectly. Then added four MAIW files which immediately stopped the WOAI files from working.
To me this indicates the WoA traffic files have been converted correctly, and the MAIW files have not successfully converted.

I have been able to get FS9 and FSX traffic files to work at the same time. The FS9 and FSX traffic files cannot share any airports. Any airports which host AI generated by the FS9 traffic files and the FSX traffic files need to be at least 40nm apart. I have no idea why it worked that way. And that was with FSX RTM, I have not repeated the specific experiment to see if it occurs in FSX SP1, FSX SP2 or FSX Accel.
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

avt309947 wrote:Then added four MAIW files
Which four MAIW packages are you having problems with?
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

avt309947
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by avt309947 »

I really appreciate you guys trying to help me here.

I added traffic_MAIW_2sqn_RAF_Tornado_GR4_FS9_FSX.bgl plus same file name but 9sqn, 12sqn and 13sqn

These files were converted from the source using FP_FS9_FSX. I added them to my WOAI files in
scenery/world/scenery. These WOAI files were added as FSX files when installed from the WOAI Installer
There were no other files in scenery/world/scenery when I added. The result was that the WOAI files stopped
working and the four MAIW files worked

Rgds

Adrian
avt309947
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by avt309947 »

OK. I now have WOAI and MAIW files together in FS and they work!

I completely cleared scenery/world/scenery
I imported all the WOAI files from my FS9 installation
I added my, supposedly converted to FSX, MAIW files
It works

I can live with this for now

Thanks to everybody for your help

Rgds

Adrian
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

avt309947 wrote:These WOAI files were added as FSX files when installed from the WOAI Installer
The WOAI installer doesn't convert the files to FSX format, all the installer does is place them in the FSX file structure, they're still in native FS9 format.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Following the Owl !

I am in the process of following the Owls FSX Installation guide and I have come across a
possible conflict.

Move or copy these (*) files from: “<Virtual FS9>\Addon Scenery\MAIW French AB Scenery\scenery” to “<FSX>\Addon Scenery\MAIW Scenery\scenery”. (*) MAIW_????_scenery.bgl (*) MAIW_MirageF1_Objects_Library.bgl

followed by:

Move or copy these (*) files from: “<Virtual FS9>\Addon Scenery\MAIW French AB Scenery\scenery” to “<FSX>\Addon Scenery\MAIW Scenery\scenery”. (*) *.*

If I follow the instruction in paragraph 40. then I will be copying various VTPP/VTPX files which have been
studiously avoided so far. My initial thought is not to copy these files but confirmation would be appreciated.

Regards
:? :?
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by GrayRider »

Since this topic has got some age on it.I will ask my question here.

I'm not new to flight simulation,and was using FS9 for quite some time,and had about 40 of the MAIW packs installed.I no longer have FS9.

I am now a new user of FSX.I am using the Boxed FSX Gold with the acceleration pack.Now that I'm a new user of FSX,and starting over.I'm wanting to install some of the AI packs here.In the past when I had FS9 some of the AI packs in the install readme's did reference,such as if you are a user of FSX install it this way etc.

That was then.So I need to ask what/where and how do I get what I need to be able to install these AI packs into FSX.I guess some of the packages my still have a reference in the readme's related to FSX users etc.

My FSX is bare bones,but not for long I hope.I probably will need some assistance,installing the AI packages,if there is nothing in the readme's that come with the packages etc.

Any guides I might need,please let me know.

THX

GrayRider
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

Reading this thread from post 1 would have produced a link to Martin Gossman's guide to installing MAIW packages in FSX. :wink:
Which way is up?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

There is a link to a guide on the very first post.

Mark
Mark
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

petebramley wrote: 40.
Move or copy these (*) files from: “<Virtual FS9>\Addon Scenery\MAIW French AB Scenery\scenery” to “<FSX>\Addon Scenery\MAIW Scenery\scenery”. (*) *.*

Hi Pete,
very observant and correct. This folder has seen new files that were not there when I wrote the guide. I will amend this.

Thank you!
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Martin

Thanks for the reply, I thought it would be something like that. I left out the VTPP/VTPX files and
all is fine with my setup.

Thanks for providing such a comprehensive and easy to follow guide for mere mortals such as I to
follow.

Regards
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
DaveP1991
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DaveP1991 »

Well I've read the guide and nothing seems to work properly.

Following the guide and I can't get the environment checker to work finding the fake FS9.exe file. I've made the fake file as the guide suggests and it doesn't work and I've tried nicking the FS9 file that comes with FSX.

Is there another way to do it? I've somehow managed to make some of the waypoints turn up in the airport selection screen, the aircraft files are in the simobjects/airplanes file but obviously no flightplans. I've currently got WOAI files all running fine.

FSX SP2, Windows 7 64bit.

Cheers for any help.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

It does sound like it might be a Windows7 issue but is there any FSX user that fancies helping the guy out?
Steve
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

My only suggestions would be to make sure that UAC is disabled in Win 7.

Right click on environment checker and ensure that "Run file as administrator" is is set in the Compatibility tab of File Properties. (This applies to many files that need to be run in Win 7).

The instructions in the guide are followed to the letter.
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Quick question and if it has been asked and answered already I apologize. I have FSX installed on a normal XP machine and a 64-bit Window 7 machine. On the Xp machine, the packages work great with no issues. On the Window 7 machine, I see the models, but no textures. Is there an additional step I need to take to get the packages to work on the Window 7 Machine?

Thanks
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
TheAaron.com
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TheAaron.com »

Ive posted this in the Forum below but incase anyone has missed this,

Can anyone give me any pointers to installing Nellis AFB in FSX SP2?

Main issue include a floating AFCAD with bushes all over it and the obvious fence, apron lights Alpha channel,

Any help Appreciated..

Aaron. :wink:
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I've installed Nellis and it is okay in FSX. It really suffers because of not having the photobackground/ landclass.

The FS2004 excludes are worthless in FSX. You have to create new excludes for most objects. You also have to modify the FSX airport background polygon to cover the expanded area of the airport scenery.

I used ADE for that and also to delete the stock buildings so that ADE properly excludes them.

Note - When I loaded the FSX Airport Stock Data into the open original MAIW AFCAD file, I did not bring the FSX taxi signs in.
Reggie Fields

Boman
Cadet
Cadet

Downloaded for FSX -NEED HELP

Post by Boman »

Please help .. I downloaded some of MAI scenerys and now my AI planes dont show up in freeflight at all? What the hell happend? nor do I see any planes in multi -player for FSX...
Can somebody pleae help me out with this ? my e-mail is sir_b_o@hotmail.com

Please advise.asap...

Boman

Post moved to appropriate topic. - Admin
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Downloaded for FSX -NEED HELP

Post by CelticWarrior »

Boman wrote:Please help .. I downloaded some of MAI scenerys and now my AI planes dont show up in freeflight at all? What the hell happend? nor do I see any planes in multi -player for FSX...
Can somebody pleae help me out with this ? my e-mail is sir_b_o@hotmail.com

Please advise.asap...

Boman
Have you followed the guide?