The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Support for MAIW Packages in FSX

Post by WB383 »

Victory103 wrote:I put the APxxxx file that came in the download in the Scenery/Namw folder as it would have been in FS9. I had a landclass issue but no elevation issues during testing at El Centro, I did notice the background photoreal file for the airport is reversed, needs to be flipped in order to match the AFCAD. Still working it but got a BSOD (over the Bahamas), so need to figure out what brought that on first.

Yea the photoreal is another issue i noticed but the elevation is what really gets me. I looked at it again in ADE and im pretty sure the runway starts are the issue but ADE wont let me compile after I fix it. Is there another way around this?

-Wil-
puerto0711
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by puerto0711 »

I don't understand what I am doing wrong????? I converted some packages to fsx as per the Installation Guide. My problem is I dont have any Whe I go to the package airport the only traffic that I see is one aircraft park at the gas pump. when i do look for the airport does not show any military parking spots. I used scanafd to view any duplicate afcad but there none. Your help is appreciated in advance. please help
puerto0711
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by puerto0711 »

puerto0711 wrote:I don't understand what I am doing wrong????? I converted some packages to fsx as per the Installation Guide. My problem is I dont have any Whe I go to the package airport the only traffic that I see is one aircraft park at the gas pump. when i do look for the airport does not show any military parking spots. I used scanafd to view any duplicate afcad but there none. Your help is appreciated in advance. please help
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Guys,
Can one of you FSXers help this guy out?

@puerto0711
Can you tell us one package that is causing you a problem? This will enable somebody to help you.
Steve
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

puerto0711 wrote:I don't understand what I am doing wrong????? I converted some packages to fsx as per the Installation Guide. My problem is I dont have any Whe I go to the package airport the only traffic that I see is one aircraft park at the gas pump. when i do look for the airport does not show any military parking spots. I used scanafd to view any duplicate afcad but there none. Your help is appreciated in advance. please help
It sounds to me that this could be one of two things;

1. The scenery files have not been activated in the FSX Scenery menu.

and/or;

2. The airfield (AF2/AFX/ADE) files are missing from the Addon Scenery folder, and/or Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
puerto0711
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by puerto0711 »

Thanks for answering I tought no one can help on this forum. I tried to to this :1. The scenery files have not been activated in the FSX Scenery menu, like she said According with the instructions, I placed on:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery folders named:
MAIW Airports
MAIW Excludes
MAIW Land Class
MAIW Scenery
When I go to settings/Scenery Library to add the above in order, I am not able to add or t register or activate in the FSX
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

What operating system do you use?
Steve
puerto0711
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by puerto0711 »

Win 7- 32 I never had any problems witn MAIW on xp or vista
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Have you been able to add any other addon scenery? I know that there is a bug where it is difficult to add them so we need to determine whether its our scenery or a system problem.

This is the cause of you not seeing the scenery.

Also can you confirm that FSX is installed to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, as I think that it might not be.
Steve
puerto0711
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by puerto0711 »

I reallly appreciated your help....
Have you been able to add any other addon scenery? : No the only Scenery I add is from MWAI No WOAI at this time

Also can you confirm that FSX is installed to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X,: Yes :C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

I see few MAIW traffic in the air only and One aircraft at the gas pump other wise there are no Mil ramp or paking, this may cause not to see any MAIW on the ground. I used SCANAFD there are no duplicate AFCADS also I cant activate the scenery on my scenery library.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The reason you can't see any traffic is because you can't install the scenery.

I did a quick search and found this post to show you how to add scenery to FSX under Win7. I haven't read the entire article but at the top it does say that it's a Win7 bug, which is why you didn't have any problems before.

Let us know how it works out.

Here is the link. http://www.tropicalsim.net/forum/index.php?topic=112.0
Steve
puerto0711
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by puerto0711 »

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss did work!!! thanks in my books you are a heroe!!!!!!!!! Man s simple click fix all those problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep this issue in case someone else have a problem.....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks for confirming that this was the problem and the fix works. Very useful to know.
Steve
puerto0711
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by puerto0711 »

Thank youuuuuuuuuu. :smt006
flashover
Cadet
Cadet

Post by flashover »

Boy do I have a problem for you:

Let me start by saying that I have over 30 MAIW packages installed on my Win 7/ 64 bit/ FSX Acceleration system. I am very familiar with how to convert these outstanding packages. However, I have recently encountered a problem and it seems to be with the packages most recently released by Desmond Burrell.

For whatever reason, I am having issues with converting the AI files from FS9 to FSX. I have these issues at Eglin, Hurlburt, Cannon, and now Pensacola. I have always used AI Flight Planner to convert so I tried downloading a new version but no AI. I tried saving the files as text and then producing a new AI file but no AI. I tried using the bglfpfsxconvert02 to convert instead of AI Flight Planner but no AI. I checked for AFCAD issues but none found and no AI. I even went and installed an "older" package (Nellis AFB) to make sure I wasn't an idiot and it installed and converted perfectly.

I'm confident that it has something to do with the AI files since if I install the AI traffic files in their original FS9 format, I get AI. Unfortunately, as you probably know, that makes all FSX AI disappear. Am I the only knucklehead out there having this issue?

wfd1063
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Did AI Flight Planner report a problem with converting the files, or say that some of teh airport codes needed to be replaced?
flashover
Cadet
Cadet

Post by flashover »

Nope. I made sure to re-collect airports before converting. But thanks for the response
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Hmm, might it be something to do with the size of the parking spaces at those bases? Try editing the parking space diameters using ADE or something, that may be the cause. I'm clutching at straws here though as I don't have any of the American packages installed at the moment.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Victory103 wrote:I put the APxxxx file that came in the download in the Scenery/Namw folder as it would have been in FS9. I had a landclass issue but no elevation issues during testing at El Centro, I did notice the background photoreal file for the airport is reversed, needs to be flipped in order to match the AFCAD. Still working it but got a BSOD (over the Bahamas), so need to figure out what brought that on first.
Which file is the photoreal file, if you'd be so kind?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

CelticWarrior wrote:Which file is the photoreal file, if you'd be so kind?
The reply in the actual package support thread has been removed, I didn't get a chance to try reversing the file.

@flashover, seems you are doing everything right and I use the latest AIFP for every package, both MAIW and WOAI. I did post an issue that was caused by just a corrupt traffic.bgl I had for a KC-135, really messed things up at one airport in the FP. Finally figured it out and all is good again.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris