The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
flashover
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Support for MAIW Packages in FSX

Post by flashover »

I guess I will start completely fresh. I'm not sure what the deal is and since the traffic appears when installed in the FS9 format, it just seems like it has to be related to the conversion.

But, if I'm the only one that has had this issue, then I must have overlooked something. Starting from the beginning may figure it out. Thanks for the responses.

flashover
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

flashover,

Would compiling from the source traffic files help? They're available in the packages.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Victory103 wrote:
CelticWarrior wrote:Which file is the photoreal file, if you'd be so kind?
The reply in the actual package support thread has been removed, I didn't get a chance to try reversing the file.
The airfield looks hideous with that background, I'd be happy to just delete it entirely if I knew which one it is.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I did not notice that part as I was more concerned with the landclass issues I had on the NW side of the airfield at NJK. I thought once I fixed the photoreal tile it would match up to the AFD and not show as much. Playing around at Miramar lately and Pensacola.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

OK, thanks anyway. :)
flashover
Cadet
Cadet

Post by flashover »

Fighter Jock,

Where are the source files located? I've tried saving the traffic file in a text format and then re-compiling it into a bgl with no luck. Thanks for the response.

flashover
Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

Ok take two at posting here.....need some help. I am running FSX first off. Second is im trying to get the NAS Miramar scenery to work with the latest package of the MCAS Miramar addon. For what ever reason i cant get the scenery to work with the addon. I know you have to do some stuff with the afcads and what not. Any help would be awesome
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Could you tell us which OS you are using as well, as this may have a bearing on your problem.
Steve
Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

Im using a HP Pavilion DV7, and windows 7
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

64 or 32?
Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

64...im sorry im leaving so much out lol
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Click once on "NAS Miramar," and click the "OK" button, you will also need to click once in an empty space below the folder names in the "Select Scenery Directory" window.

(BTW, a search on this site and on Google would have provided you with the answer much more quickly.)
mike november
Cadet
Cadet

Post by mike november »

Subtopic: GNY Seakings package

Hi all,

as it's my first post in here it's a shame that I have to start my existance in here by complaining...sorry for that. :(

I have the GNY Seakings package installed on a FSX-ACC Pack Flightsim with a Win7-64 OS running it all.

1. It'ts great! I love the AI Seakings, their patterns look good, they behave nice, the models are really nice.I do wish we had that much of traffic in real life nowadays... :)

2. Scenic object like vessels and stuff add a real nice feel to the whole thing. I like that. :)

3. At the naval_air_station (ETMK) the layout of the paved surfaces, look and positioning of the 3D-objects are reasonably close to the real thing. I like it as well, but...
at least at my sim there is no grass at all, between the paved surfaces there is damn deep, cold and real wet water... :( Well, as I don't go there anyway, and the water does have kind of a
greenish look in this area, I am not complaining on this one, guess it's an FSX thing...

4. The civil_airport (EDHK) is another pair of shoes... all paved surfaces and 3D-objects are sunken into the ground by roughly a 100ft. Thus leaving a fun to fly canyon system that just doesn't
belong here... In the real world, somewhere behind ETMK's Hangar 94 and EDHK's RWY08 departure end, there ist indeed a pretty steep cliff, roughly 100ft high, so the civil_airport is indeed
elevated 101ft above MSL, the naval_air_station is just mere 3ft above MSL. So, my guess is, that this happend due to an afcad limitation prohibiting different field elevations within the same
afcad... So, is there a way to, either part the afcad in two for EDHK and ETMK or to limit it just to ETMK and leave EDHK as it comes in FSX?

RGDS

Mike November
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hello MN and welcome to our forums!

The package was tested and works fine in a vanilla FS9 setup, so I'm guessing this is a specific FSX issue. I'm sure someone more familiar with FSX here will be able to offer you help.

See you around!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Generally there are slight differences between FS9 and X elevations, you will notice this in the "tower view" mostly. I normally use the included AFCAD's with the packages and have had slightly issues with <10% of the files ported into FSX. Most of the time I just adjust using ADEX, although many newer package AFD's are made with AFX. I'll take a look at my set up for this package and see if I have the same elevation issues.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
mike november
Cadet
Cadet

Post by mike november »

Hey Greg and Dustoff,

thx so far for your effort. :)
ravenone
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ravenone »

Hello ALL

I have been searching and then researching your forums and "bing" for a resolution to my trouble. Was determined not to have to ask what i'd decided must be a simple question. (prolly something goofy I missed)

HELP... all my military ai craft are "blank textured"! It's like the basic model has no paint texture, they are all white or grey or whatever the base color is.
Running FSX on win7 64 with 6G ram and a 1G radeon 4850 card. I have had no problems following directions to install and enjoy the MAIW prior to migrating to win 7. A while (year?) ago i upgraded PC and OS and decided to gang load MAIW to my new rig. Everything seemed to install without incident, but the sad thing is I didn't run the sim for some time after that. Now that i can't live without fsx and military air again I'm stumped. I already know I may need to do a reinstall and certainly will, but I am convinced that either I missed something simple or that there is a reasonable fix that I have yet to get a bead on. Guys, I've got about 20 packages installed but if you can help me can get 1 looking right i'm betting i'll be able to correct them all.

My home base is usually Tinker. E3's and E6's on the ramp and moving about as expected, but no texture on the skin, just blank white models.
Another example would be the C-17's in Hawaii, beautiful blank grey ac models.

(note that the parked ac have detailed unit engine covers, just no detail at all on the skin)

any assist... any ideas (I know I know run fs9)... heeeeelp

I just gotta say that these addon packages are so impressively rendered and supported that even if I never get to run MAIW/FSX on this rig I will still brag about this product to my friends. (if i ever have any)

~Rave
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Are you running in DX10 mode?
ravenone
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ravenone »

Hey Warrior,

Actually i'm running dx11. Is that bad?

thanks
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Could be the reason. Try disabling it.