The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
ravenone
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Support for MAIW Packages in FSX

Post by ravenone »

Okay Okay.. this is crazy!

First I thought... "how in the heck do I disable the dx mode native on my machine." I found the checked box for preview dx10 in the settings (quick search) but thought "no way this is it... it only for the preview box isn't it... no way" But makes no sense to ask for help and then don't try suggestions right... right. unchecked the box and restarted the sim and BAM! It WORKS!! Beautifully textured military ai! I checked a couple base and it looks great!

I have to chuckle at my genius self (sarcasm) for secretly doubting the fix. I am usually a fair student and pretty good at developing new understanding and concept. But in this case i don't even care that I have no idea why that work. Thrilled that it did.

I know.. blah blah blah... THANKS so much CelticWarrior that's what I was meaning to convey.

Salute to you and the entire development and support team here.

~Rave
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

It's not often I get the correct solution, you're the lucky one I got this one right! :lol:

I'm pleased to have helped.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Reggie
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Reggie »

Need some help with NAS Pensacola. The lighthouse is about 200 yards out into the water. Everything else shows up just fine.

I'm usin FSX/SP-2 (no Acceleration) with ultimate Terrain X. Is the UTX causing the problem?

Thanks......................
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

trying to answer this blind, but have you tried disabling UTX and seeing if that makes a difference?
Steve
X_Man
Cadet
Cadet

Post by X_Man »

Help - I have installed MCAS Beaufort and all seems to work well except for some of the building textures that are not loading. I have the MAIW Scenery folder regsitered in FSX with the contents of the object scenery folder installed. Does anyone have a suggestion?

What I see are most of the buildings and shipping containers are white.

Also - Thank you guys for MAIW.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Probably nothing can be done with the NAS Key West scenery, I have several "fuel farms" in the water along with the service roads, guess the FS9 landclass is that much different. Anyone ever figure out a fix to the trees or building signs and their alphas? One of the custom fuel tanks that reads "NAVY" is almost completely transparent.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Guys

Wonder if anyone can help me

Got UKMIL RAF ODIHAM installed (FSX) and have put the NBAI Chinook there (from the MAIW Chinook package)
Have converted FP etc etc
Now when I go to Odiham I cannot see any chinooks, BUT if I use Super Traffic board it says they are parked up (but just invisible)
I can click on SHOW AI in Super Traffic Board and it will take me to the spot where they are parked but nothing there.

Have changed parking codes etc. etc. to make MAIW fit in UKMIL scenery.

Any ideas
Barry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I can't be sure about this Barry but it could be one of two things. One being that you need to disable shadows, can't remember if it buildings or aircraft, and the other is that there is some FS9 traffic fairly nearby.
Steve
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

My guess would be multiple sceneries/airfields or an elevation issue. If the view board is showing them as being there, then there they are.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I did remember something on AIG about this and a quick search found this thread. Does this match your problem?
Basically with SP2 or Acceleration you can't have aircraft shadows on with third party addons, which does seem to be a bit limiting.
http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index ... pic=8710.0
Steve
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

I have shadows off, that's the strange thing (as not fussed about them anyway)
Notice as well that when they are flying they are invisible (so that would rule out elevation problem?)

Will try the UKMIL Chinook and see if its ok? Driving me mad, trying to complete ALL UK bases in FSX and spent too long on this one.

THANKS GUYS for help. will let you know
Barry
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

btaylo24 wrote:Any ideas
Reinstall FS9? :twisted: :lol:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

It did cross my mind :-)

But no , time to move on. I WILL get it working!
Barry
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Got the UKMIL Chinooks working, MAIW one's do not show.
Happy with UKMIL Chinooks so not going to bother with the MAIW one's

Cheers guys
Barry
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Last time I had this problem it was with SKJ Il-76's and it turned out to be the wrong model in the aircraft.cfg file.

Probably not in this case, but you never know .....
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Edit: Problem solved, rogue fs9 file :oops:
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

Actually i'm running dx11. Is that bad?

DX11 isn't an option in FSX. The DX10 preview mode isn't recommended as many AI aircraft don't work properly with it as well as many addon scenery's don't support DX10 either.
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC
navy81
Cadet
Cadet

Post by navy81 »

Hey everyone,
First a big shoutout to all who had a hand in the MAIW efforts - fantastic,
I have loaded about 15 or so of the packages, with no problem in 75% of them. However, Pax River, Elizabeth City, Seymour Johnson, Hurlburt, and Eglin - could not get any AI to show up. I went through all of the steps, including reading all 13 pages of posts here, checking for AFCAD duplicates, FS9 traffic files, etc.
Then on a whim - I decided to load the FS9 traffic files into scenery/world/scenery alongside their FSX counterparts. You won't believe it - traffic all over the place. This runs counter to what we all thought, so you might check that procedure out and add that to your "toolbox" when troubleshooting for a lack of AI after having done everything else. I can't explain it. Weird, but it works.

Cheers.
Deke
"Navy81"
navy81
Cadet
Cadet

Post by navy81 »

Well, you learn something new everyday.. helps to read the "help" document in AIFP too. Even though the traffic showed up with the FS9 traffic files, with FS9 files side by side with their FSX counterparts (see post above), any FSX traffic is disabled, including the MAIW converted to FSX files. So, back at square 1.

I have probably 40 traffic files loaded, but only achieve about a 50% success rate.
Here are some of the suspects I am having trouble with, if anyone would care to chime in:
Pax River
Seymour Johnson
Elizabeth City
Whiting Field North

There are numerous others which I will take note of on my next post. 14 hours of fiddling with them, validating times, etc - getting tired.
Again, thanks to some seriously great work by all involved.
Standing by if someone has any suggestions.

Kind regards,
Deke
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Deke,
As mentioned in the other thread about mixing traffic files, you will need to make sure you are not letting any FS9 files in the World/Scenery folder. I have even had one issue with a supposely converted FSX file, got many errors on that one until I found it.

I have all the packages working, using the convert process in my system. I use the "check box" to add the _FSX to the .bgl, that way I know I converted it and keeps all my files straight. All 4 listed are working fine with zero defects.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris