The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Move/Adjust Airport

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Move/Adjust Airport

Post by Woogey »

Is there an easy way to move or adjust an airport and its buildings? I have come to the conclusion that it is a matter of rebuilding the scenery from the ground up, but hoping there is a better way. Lets take Hill AFB for example. When converting it to a newer sim platform, you will find that the runway and parking apron alignment are off a bit form the real world locations. As such the building are out of position as well. There is a secondary issue with building scale that can be addressed fairly easily. Is my method of adjusting each item by hand, one by one the only way? I am converting for P3d4.

-Woog
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Move/Adjust Airport

Post by jimrodger »

If you have the PROKEY for ADE, one of the options is the ability to move the airport in its entirety by lat/long or a set distance in a specific direction.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you don't then I guess you would have to lay in a ground map, then select everything and move it all as one collection to where you wanted it to go.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm interested in Hill AFB too Woog for all 3 sim versions. There are 23 F-35A's to accommodate. I haven't looked at it yet though.
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

In a similar but in every sense retro way, I wanted to adjust Brian Clark's RAE Bedford to align with my old photoscenery in FS9. The prokey for ADE does indeed allow the airport itself to be moved, but the buildings are all in a separate bgl and I don't yet know of any way to re-align them too.

Jon G
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Import the object placement bgl into ADE first, then move everything.
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

Hi Greg, that worked a treat for the buildings, all good. The aircraft start position is good, too, but all the runways and taxiways have now disappeared, although everything looks okay in ADE. I've tried applying a flatten but it doesn't appear to make any difference. Oh, and traffic is okay, it sits correctly on the airfield.

Any further thoughts?

Jon G