The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

F-111E/F and EF111A (JY)

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
f47420
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: F-111E/F and EF111A (JY)

Post by f47420 »

Last one .I also lined up the wing panel lines with the flaps looks alot better...

MW
Attachments
F15.jpg
Mark W
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

f47420 wrote:Last one .I also lined up the wing panel lines with the flaps looks alot better...

MW
Very nice,Mark !!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The F-111C is all done for FS9 and FSX. I did 4 load-outs in the end - clean (pylons), Mk82s, PaveTack/Paveway and Harpoon, plus 2 of the anniversary paint schemes:

Mike M has also re-worked the FDE and has added/changed some of the effects files. I've tested the files in FS9 and FSX and there is no hint of a bounce even down at 10 fps. The new afterburner looks great as does the exhaust heat and shimmer. The touchdown effects have been changed to make them less prominent (were default) and there's now a nice touch with the landing where the nose wheel holds off until it finally settles with a small puff of smoke. Thank you Mike.

The Aussies bring the total models to 11 so time to stop I think. Next job is to check every thing over and then parcel up. I think I'm going to split the download into the "E", "F"and Raven versions with a separate zip for the extended wing "FBs" and "Cs". Apart from making it more manageable it will perhaps help stop users from trying to match short wing textures with extended wing models and vice versa. I'm tied up most of this weekend, but should have everything out early next week.

John
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Once again John, many thanks for your work and persistance at getting the job done. And Mike M. as well....:grin:
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Thanks John for your outstanding new series of JYAI F-111 models. It was a real pleasure for me to create a new AI FDE for them that approximates the real world performance of the F-111 as best I can accomplish within the limitations of the FS9 AI engine.

I would also like to thank Giorgio (bismarck) and John for testing the JYAI F-111 v1.5 FDE for me and Steve Holland (Firebird) for allowing me to extend the lifetime of his nbal_F15_ab effect by 5 seconds, rename it nbal_F15_ext_ab and use it in the JYAI F-111 v1.5 FDE.
    Mike M.
    sr01
    Major
    Major

Post by sr01 »

John
    I'll add my thank's for doing this brilliant project .ESPECIALLY for grinding out the FB !
    Cheers
    bismarck
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

It was a pleasure. :smt023
    Giorgio
    campbeme
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff
    Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Now then the question is do I use the full custom scenery of RAAF Amberly I have for the MAIW RAAF Super Hornets package or these babies. :mrgreen:

Mark
    Mark
    Firebird
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Time for two installations me thinks!
    Steve
    John Young
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've re-assembled the FS9 and FSX packages as Version 2. These have the new FB-111As and F-111Cs added, the corrected RH wing glove vane mapping, Mike's replacement FDE, new effects files and a revised manual. I was going to split the zips into standard and extended wing span, but decided in the end to keep them together. I've just made a temporary upload to Rapidshare to give you guys a chance to try the new versions in their entirety if you would like to do that. I'd just like to be sure that everything is present and that performance is good before I upload to the wider community. I haven't changed any of the aircraft name entries in the aircraft.cfg files, so existing flight plans should still be good.

The files are:

FS9:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/4217378278 ... _FS9_2.zip

FSX:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2010914800 ... _FSX_2.zip

I'll keep those links active until Sunday evening and look forward to any feedback.
    John
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

John Young wrote:I've re-assembled the FS9 and FSX packages as Version 2. These have the new FB-111As and F-111Cs added, the corrected RH wing glove vane mapping, Mike's replacement FDE, new effects files and a revised manual. I was going to split the zips into standard and extended wing span, but decided in the end to keep them together. I've just made a temporary upload to Rapidshare to give you guys a chance to try the new versions in their entirety if you would like to do that. I'd just like to be sure that everything is present and that performance is good before I upload to the wider community. I haven't changed any of the aircraft name entries in the aircraft.cfg files, so existing flight plans should still be good.

The files are:

FS9:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/4217378278 ... _FS9_2.zip

FSX:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2010914800 ... _FSX_2.zip

I'll keep those links active until Sunday evening and look forward to any feedback.
    John
    Thanks John,

I'll have some JYAI FB-111A's flying around the old Plattsburgh AFB in the near future. :D

Mike M.
      Mike M.
      delbydoo
      Colonel
      Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Many thanks John - now it's really time to start cracking on :D
      zsoltfireman
      Lieutenant Colonel
      Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale
      [ Download | View ]

Name: raafbaseeastsale_ymes.zip
      Size: 13,672,050 Date: 03-18-2011 Downloads: 952

FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale (YMES), Victoria, Australia; The Home of the Roulettes. This scenery is part of an ongoing project to bring RAAF bases to life within the simulator utilising custom made models and where possible photographic textures. This version contains twin AFCADs that add a little more spice to your simming experiences. Developed foremost for FS2004 users, not tested but may work in FSX. By Mark Griggs.
      zsoltfireman
      Lieutenant Colonel
      Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

cgold

Post by cgold »

Does the v2 upload have all of the updates talked about or do we need to go through and add in the little edits from previous posts? (Stupid question, I know... I just want to make sure.)
      Stewart Pearson
      MAIW Staff
      MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

All updates and fixes are included in the new version.
      Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
      zsoltfireman
      Lieutenant Colonel
      Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

mikewmac wrote: I'll have some JYAI FB-111A's flying around the old Plattsburgh AFB in the near future. :D

Mike M.
      soon mike...soon
      cgold

Post by cgold »

Good stuff... Thank you so much for all of the hard work... I bet the swing-wings were not easy. :-)
      John Young
      MAIW Developer
      MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thank you cgold. The wings were actually OK to animate, but in FSX you have to tag all the moving parts (there's a lot of them) and that's a real pain going through all the models and all the LODs. It's very repetitive but you really have to concentrate on what you are doing.

I noticed this morning that in the F111C Harpoon model for FSX only, there is a small problem in the first LOD. It doesn't affect the visual appearance, but it is not as efficient as it should be. I have corrected that and the amended model is here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/4238699814 ... te_FSX.zip

All other models for both FSX and FS9 are fine.

John