The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Kuwaiti Mirage's and Building FP's

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
cgold

Kuwaiti Mirage's and Building FP's

Post by cgold »

I was wondering how to get started on how to build traffic .bgl's like how MAIW AI traffic is built. I essentially want to replace the Kuwaiti F/A-18's I have installed in FS2004 with the Mirage F-1's that Pearson did a while ago. Plus, I can learn how to compile military FP's for the many MiG's that he has done as well. (for something the Kuwaiti Mirage's to go chase... 8) )
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Kuwaiti Mirage's and Building FP's

Post by delbydoo »

If you download TrafficTools and AFCAD2, both by Lee Swordy, and read the manuals, that will give you all the basics you need to know about writing and constructing Flightplans. After that, there is a whole world of tips and tricks to pick up - but start with those two should kick you off. You can get them from the essential files list at flightsim.com :wink:
jetmax
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by jetmax »

Warning, once you learn how to do it, it becomes very addicting. It will start out small at first and then the next thing you know you are creating flight plans for every air force in South America....

You have been warned :)
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

jetmax wrote:Warning, once you learn how to do it, it becomes very addicting. It will start out small at first and then the next thing you know you are creating flight plans for every air force in South America....

You have been warned :)
That's what i thought at first as well, no-one warned me though :lol:
cgold wrote:lus, I can learn how to compile military FP's for the many MiG's that he has done as well. (for something the Kuwaiti Mirage's to go chase... 8)
I did a whole load of them a while back if you want them. Just type in Daniel Reeves on avsim. If you want to create your own then that's your prerogative, best to have 2 of the same thing rather than none at all
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
cgold

Post by cgold »

I've done some FP's for Russia (and that was a real doozy...), but I was curious how to make raw FP's into .bgl's.
cgold

Post by cgold »

cgold wrote:I've done some FP's for Russia (and that was a real doozy...), but I was curious how to make raw FP's into .bgl's.
I found a .bgl flightplan decompiler on avsim and that's helping me out tremendously... I found some IRIAF fighter FP's, but they were in .bgl format...
Now I can break them down into the three .txt files we all need and now it's the tedious name-assign game... :shock:
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

cgold wrote:
cgold wrote:I've done some FP's for Russia (and that was a real doozy...), but I was curious how to make raw FP's into .bgl's.
I found a .bgl flightplan decompiler on avsim and that's helping me out tremendously... I found some IRIAF fighter FP's, but they were in .bgl format...
Now I can break them down into the three .txt files we all need and now it's the tedious name-assign game... :shock:
TTools will do just that. It'll be on Avsim somewhere
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
cgold

Post by cgold »

I realized that after I compiled the traffic files... It goes both ways... X-/
Learn something new every day... thanks for the help, though.
Got some Kuwaiti Mirages flying, a big part of the IRIAF, IrAF, and a few other outliers flying due to this nice little discovery... :-D