The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Retro - thank you

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Retro - thank you

Post by jimrodger »

I am amazed at the amount of retro sceneries that are appearing lately.
I thought I was quite well switched on to the various airbases of the World, but of late, my knowledge has been increasing exponentially.
A lot of the airbases I've never heard of, so for that, I thank You very much.
Are there some retro publications about, that could help in expanding my knowledge?

Once again, many many thanks.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Retro - thank you

Post by delbydoo »

I don't know about others Jim, but I have the whole Orbis partworks of Warplane which basically covered the military scene during the mid-80s. The World Air Power Journals are still available on ebay, at a price, but the info in those is substantial, with full orbats from the early 90s onwards.
I also have a fairly substantial rack of Military Aircraft Markings from Ian Allan publishing, which goes a long way for numbers and bases in Europe and CONUS for the big stuff.
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

Daryl
That's an impressive list ! I have a substantial list of books myself and a very large slide collection that ,unfortunately, is only 40% catalogued . Friend of mine ,who sadly is no longer with us ,had a huge collection .What wasn't catalogued on paper was "on file" in his brain . He had ALL the Flight magasines from 192? onwards . I also have access to the National Aviation Museum's massive collection in Ottawa .
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

A lot of it is in my head as well, especially with the RAF stuff - so much so that (without trying to boast - but I will) I can rattle off every RAF orbat from 1980 up until around 2000, when things really started getting screwy. Other than that I have various books and encyclopedias with references to various bits and pieces; one that is very handy is a book about the whole of the US Air Force including all units, equipments and agencies, which was printed in 1989. Forunately, I'm a horder, which does help sometimes! :lol:
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Chanced upon this site when researchng

http://www.mil-airfields.de/

Don't know if it's any use to anyone.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"