The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

A very special lady....

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

A very special lady....

Post by delbydoo »

I've wanted to do this for a very long time.....thanks to Mr. Young I can.

ZA947, which started her career in WW2, and is now part of the BBMF, wore this stunning scheme during the 80s. During the 50th Anniversary of the first flight of the DC-3, she appeared at the International Air Tattoo at Fairford wearing some rather fetching markings.

There some small mapping issues that I discovered - the trailing edge of the mainplane, and the cockpit glass surround is mapped to other stuff that needs to be black, but nothing that really detracts from the model. Shall be releasing them tomorrow :D

Edited for geographical errors!

AndyG43
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: A very special lady....

Post by AndyG43 »

Thank you, shall look forward to it. It's a repaint I've attempted (and abandoned) several times over the years; first try was the MAAM Dak, just could never get it to look right, and more recently for Manfred Jahn's DC-3 - that one is incomplete, lack of time mainly. So I can scratch this from the list and move on to other projects.
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Nice one Daryl.

Chris
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Thanks guys. Andy, I did start the Manfred Jahn one myself, but stopped eraly as well - may just have another look at it, :wink:
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

I've posted them to avsim and flightsim, and as soon as I get a thumbs up from John over the EF-111A's, I shall convert these for FSX use as well. :)