The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Retro RNoAF

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
Chrisb
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Retro RNoAF

Post by Chrisb »

I have been slapping paint on some RNoAF aircraft. On Avsim is the F-16A/Bs and C-130Hs in camo all for circa 1990.

Chris
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Re: Retro RNoAF

Post by DaleRFU »

Nice Stuff Chris :)
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Flightplans available at all?
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Stew

No flightplans from me I'm sorry to say. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between one of them and the writing on the rosetta stone.
We need some, especially for Rygge. Perhaps one of the experts could help us out.

Chris
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Chrisb wrote:Stew

No flightplans from me I'm sorry to say. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between one of them and the writing on the rosetta stone.
We need some, especially for Rygge. Perhaps one of the experts could help us out.

Chris
Well - I know less than you mate. :oops:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
AndyG43
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AndyG43 »

Stewart Pearson wrote:Flightplans available at all?
There are a set of AI flightplans by Ed Kooymans for the C-130, relatively current but presumably adaptable; seacr at Avsim for "c130-now_v10.zip".

And there is a very nice package at Avsim, rnoaf_f-16_package.zip, for a modern (F-16AM) setup; again, presumably adaptable for a retro setup (I'll certainly be giving it a go).

Chris, thanks for the repaints. My retro install is looking better by the day. :)
Bora

Post by Bora »

Thanks Chris !! Now if someone could do the Norwegian F-5's...

:D
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

Bora wrote:Thanks Chris !! Now if someone could do the Norwegian F-5's...

:D
Eric
They're SLOWLY on their way . They're on the downwind for the approach behind a bunch of retro FB-111's who are short final
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

There you go Eric. I didn't want to spoil Brians work.

Now all we need is some retro F.5s Brian, never mind them swingy wingy things!

Chris

Has anyone ever seen any flightplans for Rygge?
Bora

Post by Bora »

sr01 wrote: Eric
They're SLOWLY on their way . They're on the downwind for the approach behind a bunch of retro FB-111's who are short final
Cool Brian ! I thought I heard some on the radio already... "fuel critical" :mrgreen:
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

Bora wrote:
sr01 wrote: Eric
Cool Brian ! I thought I heard some on the radio already... "fuel critical" :mrgreen:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "Calling tower say again "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :oops:
"Confirm you have a screaming woman onboard ?" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :twisted:
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Taking a break from larger projects I have been slapping paint all over the 3 RNoAF Falcon 20s from Gardermoen. Two in the ECM taining role scheme and the third in the VIP transport scheme.
And... the four DHC-6 Twin Otters from Bodo. I didn't realise HT's model couldn't carry a camo scheme (tailplane shares top and bottom surfaces) so I have done them overall green. I have a feeling they had a grey underside at one stage to match the C-130 scheme.

Chris

And No, I haven't any flightplans.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Chrisb wrote:Taking a break from larger projects I have been slapping paint all over the 3 RNoAF Falcon 20s from Gardermoen. Two in the ECM taining role scheme and the third in the VIP transport scheme.
And... the four DHC-6 Twin Otters from Bodo. I didn't realise HT's model couldn't carry a camo scheme (tailplane shares top and bottom surfaces) so I have done them overall green. I have a feeling they had a grey underside at one stage to match the C-130 scheme.

Chris

The lord giveth - the lord taketh away. :twisted:
Stew

Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

You got a clean white collar then Stew. It is Sunday I suppose!
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

If anybody is painting F-5s for the RNoAF (or anybody else); you might want to hold that thought for about a month. I am quietly re-building Jake's F-5A/B/E/F models, specifically for F-5E/F/RF-5 for an upcoming MAIW release. That's right, the Tigereye will be in the mix as well a new model not in Jake's original source material, just didn't think I needed to do a thread at this time. But there will be new models, variants, and my usual obsessive attention to loadouts, in the not-too-distant future; probably January 2013 or so.

Also, I am nearing finished single-LOD alpha model status with my F-104 project, so the RNoAF will be well represented with that aircraft as well, again probably January/February 2013.
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

mikeblaze wrote:If anybody is painting F-5s for the RNoAF (or anybody else); you might want to hold that thought for about a month. I am quietly re-building Jake's F-5A/B/E/F models, specifically for F-5E/F/RF-5 for an upcoming MAIW release. That's right, the Tigereye will be in the mix as well a new model not in Jake's original source material, just didn't think I needed to do a thread at this time. But there will be new models, variants, and my usual obsessive attention to loadouts, in the not-too-distant future; probably January 2013 or so.

Also, I am nearing finished single-LOD alpha model status with my F-104 project, so the RNoAF will be well represented with that aircraft as well, again probably January/February 2013.
Mike
Thank's for posting the info on your F-5's .I'll let my CF-5's die then . If you do need any Canadian info let me know .
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Looks like the Lord giveth again then.

Chris
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Forgot to mention, I am trying really hard to match my new model work with the existing textures. So far I believe the original F-5E textures will serve the F-5E and RF-5E, will shake that out in beta-test in a couple of weeks or so; but I think the F-5F will be just a little different. Good thing, since there are less of them to paint....

Things I have done: re-done the flaps and gear to concurrently texture them with the wings (frees up a bunch of space on the texture template); added LE flaps; done some physical work on the fuselage concentrating on rounding the hard edges of the intakes and such; adding point-nose and duckbill-nose options; adding the RF-5E Tigereye; and adding a lot of new ordnance options, as I know of at least two current user countries which arm their Tigers with AMRAAMs, late-gen Pythons, Pirhanas, and some other cutting-edge stuff. Kind of like the MiG-21-93 model which was armed with R-73s and R-27s.

Some of the specialty models will be the F-5EM for Brazil, and the F-5E Tiger III for Chile. Anybody interested in managing a MAIW package for these should PM me at their convenience.

MP
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Can't wait for these additional Tigers MP, I still fly T. "Piglet" Conrad's models in FSX.

On the RNoAF front, I saw a article in CA mag about the Falcon 20's, are the paints the same as the current VIP scheme? I know the tactical scheme is a blackish gray? I'm trying to run a current RNoAF and wanted to add them in.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
edhave
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by edhave »

Chrisb wrote:Taking a break from larger projects I have been slapping paint all over the 3 RNoAF Falcon 20s from Gardermoen. Two in the ECM taining role scheme and the third in the VIP transport scheme.

Chris

Some FP to get them in the air.

Ed
Attachments
FP_FA20_DHC6.txt
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 55 times