The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Sea Vixen and Javelin

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Sea Vixen and Javelin

Post by VulcanDriver »

I'd love to see these unique British fighters flying in my sim, any chance JY for 2013?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Sea Vixen and Javelin

Post by Firebird »

John,
Don't frighten him off, he hasn't confirmed a Buccaneer yet. :lol:

In all seriousness, this is exactly why JY and Mike P are a god send. They are filling in the blanks for very popular retro, or almost retro, stuff and freeing up others to do newer stuff like the F-35.

There is quite a buzz around retro at the moment.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I saw the only airworthy Sea Vixen doing a test flight after her overhaul at EGHH on Wednesday. Looking good in her 2013 paint scheme. Love that aircraft.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
AndyG43
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AndyG43 »

There's an AI Vixen over at UKMIL that could be worth checking out. The Guvnor bashed it together to complement the Retro RNAS scenery pack by Hooky722 (over at Sim Outhouse if you don't have it - rather nice).
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Sea Vixen and Javelin are potential subjects, but the next in line for me after the Vulcan (I'm about half way though that one) will probably be the Buccaneer. I have some really nice plans for the S1 and S2 that I'd like to put to good use. I've also photographed all the interesting bits from the Duxford S2 exhibit.

John
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

You Sir are one of my heroes. A Buccaneer, fantastic.

Chris
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

Chrisb wrote:You Sir are one of my heroes. A Buccaneer, fantastic.

Chris
i second that one Chris :lol: although i bet Magic Mike will be pulling his hair out working on that classic Bucc takeoff :twisted:
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

John Young wrote:The Sea Vixen and Javelin are potential subjects, but the next in line for me after the Vulcan (I'm about half way though that one) will probably be the Buccaneer. I have some really nice plans for the S1 and S2 that I'd like to put to good use. I've also photographed all the interesting bits from the Duxford S2 exhibit.

John

Good man :D
John

Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Buccaneers. Now that would be a great gap filler. Fantastic Very happy indeedy !! :)
brianf51
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by brianf51 »

Any body fancy having a go at the Vixen? I have a lot of good quality pictures I took a Hurn a few years ago that can be used as research material. Julian Jones was kind enough to let me crawl all over her with the camera when I did the Skysim Vixen.