The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Blackburn Buccaneer

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Blackburn Buccaneer

Post by VulcanDriver »

John, any chance of the "one-off" Bucc that had the Tornado F3 nose and radar for testing based at Boscombe down. It was at EGHH for years, but I think its moved on now.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sorry, but I don't think so. It's very limited interested and quite a bit of uninteresting work to do it. I'm enjoying myself with my next project at the moment, having spent a fair wack of time on other requests I had for other modifications and static derivatives. I'll just get bogged down and loose interest if I keep doing that.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Fair enough John. I think its off to be put back to its original shape and may be a flier once again. The engines were run every month to keep them lubed.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

John,

This is a bloody beautiful AI model mate, you've done a fantastic job with her. It looks like it could be a flyable model from the screenshots. Maybe I'll go back into retirement it seems I'm superfluous!!!

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Surely not, Nick. But speaking of John's portfolio... have you already checked out his Lightning, F-111, Victor and most of all the Vulcan? :wink:
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

gsnde wrote:Surely not, Nick. But speaking of John's portfolio... have you already checked out his Lightning, F-111, Victor and most of all the Vulcan? :wink:
I'm slowly working my way around them mate, so I'll be sure to see them as soon as I can.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thank you Nick. I'm learning all the time. When you moved into "retirement" you left behind a benchmark standard. That's a great legacy that I have really valued, along with help from other people here.

John
delta_lima
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by delta_lima »

Hello John,

Just a quick thanks for your awesome Buccs and Hunters - Lossie (and a few other RNASs) are buzzing about busily on account of these. Love the little details (wings, tags, etc). Even on my old pc, their in appearance in healthy numbers does nil to my FPS.

Thanks - they are very much being enjoyed!!

DL
Quaere verum - Seek truth
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Great job on the Bucc! Anyone done the ones that took part in Red Flag, one's in the sand camo scheme?
Dave
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

delbydoo wrote:No mate, I just played around with the one that came with the carrier. I must admit I'm leaning towards the FMAI model as well for exactly those reasons, but Mike's model has a few more loadouts to play with. It's a toughie.

EDIT:
This is traffic file (flightplan) available?