The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Does anyone know

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
brianf51
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Does anyone know

Post by brianf51 »

Why this is happening.

All animations are failing to work outside of the main LOD model
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Does anyone know

Post by Firebird »

Brian, is it that the animation is failing, or is it that the gear and doors are not modelled in that LOD?

I know it maybe a stupid question but that when solving a problem you have to eliminate things, and if you hadn't of said anything I would have thought that was the problem purely from the two pics.

In years of testing I have found similar things with early test models and that is if the parts are not textured then in certain conditions and from certain angles parts are not visible. Could untextured parts be a possibility? A way of testing that should be to rotate all around the aircraft from the same distance. I don't recall a situation where parts were invisible for 360 degs.
Steve
brianf51
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by brianf51 »

Hi Steve, yes I've used the same animation sequences for the gear as in the highest LOD model. Hard to see because of the distance but I don't think any on the animations are working
brianf51
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by brianf51 »

Sorted : Simple first AI model error...

FSDS complains that there is a part name clash if the animated parts in two or more LOD models have exactly the same name so to remove that error I renamed the LOD parts accordingly ie. l_aileron_percent_key in the second model became l_aileron_percent_key.2 and in the third became l_aileron_percent_key.3 etc. This removed the FSDS errors AND the animation function. Guess I won't do that again.

Thanks Steve your post made me look around and try the only difference as being the cause.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
Steve