The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAFG

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: RAFG

Post by jimrodger »

Firebird wrote:
jimrodger wrote:To try and help me understand more about this scenery stuff, how did you work out the BMP associated with the lib?

Jim
There is a nifty little tool that you can use to load a bgl and then produce a report which will show all the required textures for that bgl. It's official name is ModelConverterX but will often get shortened to MCX. When you load a scenery lib you can then select the 'Object report' icon on the first line of the toolbar and it will create and save a report in html which will list all the textures required by the bgl.
Many thanks for that.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
dhazelgrove
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by dhazelgrove »

Any chance of some 2 Squadron Jaguar skins for Laarbruch?

Dave
Fastair
Captain
Captain

Post by Fastair »

I would second that request please....

Best regards,
Paul
Delboy99
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by Delboy99 »

Being ex-II(AC) Sqn myself I would love to see their Jags back at Laarbruch. But to really look the part it needs a model with a recce pod fitted. If anyone has access to source files to Nicks Jaguar model who could modify it to add a recce pod I would be happy to do the paints.
Derek
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Unfortunately, Nicks Jaguar is not the most painter-friendly aircraft - not being rude or ungrateful, but it is a pig to paint unless it is in one colour or the last RAF grey scheme that was used in the MAIW Coningsby pack. Chris A. Brown did do some camo repaints for the UK jag force, but their was a helluva lot of compromise with one colour being on top and one colour underneath and the camouflage only really being shown on top of the wings and on the side of the fuselage. No disrespect meant towards either Chris or Nick, but I would not be happy releasing paints that didn't look at least half right. Sorry :(
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

The early Jags were delivered with grey undersides, camo topsides and Fuselage sides, it was some time before they were camo all over. I know because I was there.