The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Nimrod

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Nimrod

Post by VulcanDriver »

I see there is a FSX AI Nimrod on Simshed. Quick question can it be modified to work in FS9?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Nimrod

Post by gsnde »

I fear this is not possible, John.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Martin that's one RAF that's missing from FS9 AI :(
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Sluffer77
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Sluffer77 »

There is a Nimrod Ai John, it's in the Waddington package from UKMil :D
A sense of humour must be maintained at all times.

Gaz
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I saw that is a true low lod AI or flyable one used as AI?
John

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It is not a true multi-LOD as we know it, John. Until Brian release his FS9 version it is the best that you can get at the moment.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

OK I'll use that. my ex-brother in law was on avionics at St Mawgan so it'll be nice to see it flying again from there. He was promoted to RAF Sealand, bloody hated it there and resigned!
John

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

VulcanDriver wrote:He was promoted to RAF Sealand, bloody hated it there and resigned!
Don't blame him, it's a total dive. And I was only there for a week. Thankfully closed down these days
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

shaggy22 wrote:
VulcanDriver wrote:He was promoted to RAF Sealand, bloody hated it there and resigned!
Don't blame him, it's a total dive. And I was only there for a week. Thankfully closed down these days

He was promoted to Sargent when he was transferred, he said to me it was like working in a factory, so he decided if he was going to work in a factory he might as well be a civvy, he spoke to Marconi (remember them?) and got a job working on their radar development team at twice the pay!
John

delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

I know this is going off-topic, but following on from what John said, my former brother-in-law, who was a Sergeant at Waddo, took redundancy two years ago, knowing that his pension would be intact, and ended up doing his old job but working for BAE Systems and earning considerably more......funny old world eh?
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Try UKMIL they have Nimrod Models for FS9
brianf51
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by brianf51 »

Funny old world indeed, I too was in avionics, got 'promoted' to Sealand and eventually resigned from there. Still live in the area too. Yes I will be picking up the FS9 Nimrod project shortly
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Brian
John

merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Be nice if a decent scenery of St Mawagan was available. Not just for nimrods, but the Buccs & other things that visited there! I was stationed there 1985-88 & plenty of NATO a/c visited all the time!!
Dave
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

merlin101 wrote:Be nice if a decent scenery of St Mawagan was available. Not just for nimrods, but the Buccs & other things that visited there! I was stationed there 1985-88 & plenty of NATO a/c visited all the time!!
Dave
My ex brother in law was their at that time too! Small world. Do you remember the shooting incident by a US guard at the nuke store. My Bro in law told me about it, got hushed up.
John

merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

I remember that John! The Americans had their accomadation opposite my block, they went VERY quiet after that inceident!!
Dave
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

My ex-bro in law was Andy Dunn, avonics tech. did you know him? Oh BTW the St Mawgen scenery in Just Flight's British Airports isn't bad. I've tried others but I keep going back to that one.
John

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

What I find very sad is the fact that the Nimrod is now part of the Retro thread.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
wildcat
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wildcat »

I was at SMG the same time and remember the incident too.Also the fun and games with a nimrod and 5" flare.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Any news of FS9 AI Nimrod MR.2?

Cheers

John
John